More transfer rumours

midds

Linked with Harvey Barnes today, Leicester want 50 million, would be a brilliant signing.

Leicester have to sell before they can buy, so there is a deal to be done but can’t see us agreeing a fee, he is however one who I would break the bank for.

Edited by SUPERTOON

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Linked with Harvey Barnes today, Leicester want 50 million, would be a brilliant signing.

Leicester have to sell before they can buy, so there is a deal to be done but can’t see us agreeing a fee, he is however one who I would break the bank for.

Surprised it's only this late into the Summer we have been linked with Barnes. He is a cracking player, and fits the profile of player we have been looking at perfectly.

Whilst I don't think it's shocking Leicester value him at 50m, I don't think we are spending that amount on one player (yet). If we could get it down to £40m I'd say it's a no brainer.

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Surprised it's only this late into the Summer we have been linked with Barnes. He is a cracking player, and fits the profile of player we have been looking at perfectly.

Whilst I don't think it's shocking Leicester value him at 50m, I don't think we are spending that amount on one player (yet). If we could get it down to £40m I'd say it's a no brainer.

He’d definitely be a great signing 

Guest HTT II
25 minutes ago, gbandit said:

He was coming into his last year of his contract though 

True, but one is a genuine top-class to world-class player proven in every aspect of the game, Pl, CL and internationally. Sterling at that price is cheap as fuck. 

Barnes would be amongst the biggest statement signing we could make.

Not even based on his ability but mainly because we'd be going to the team that has largely been "the best of the rest" for the last 3 or 4 years and taking one of their best players who would still have their peak years ahead of them.

It would send a huge message to the rest of the league.

I'm not convinced it'll happen though. Barnes is far superior on thr left than he is the right so we'd have to move ASM across which Howe hasn't really done in his time here.

19 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I feel like if we wanted him so badly we'd have made some kind of move by now.

I choose to remain obsessed with Paqueta's ugly mug. Lyon's president is a notoriously different negotiator and we got a good fee from him on Bruno in January. It makes sense to (tap up the player and) wait towards the deadline. And that applies to any other target from a club that is not in a position to reject 30-40 million. 

With the risk of being disappointed, I still believe we'll spend another ~80-100 million. 

Probably already posted but Edu has apparently admitted Paqueta is not a priority for them atm. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Where is the Barnes link? I know Leicester need to sell but I don’t get why they’d sell their better players because much like us selling Maxi they’d just have to use the bulk of that money replacing him anyway. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Where is the Barnes link? I know Leicester need to sell but I don’t get why they’d sell their better players because much like us selling Maxi they’d just have to use the bulk of that money replacing him anyway. 

Just in the daily mail and the sun .

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Check their transfer history and you will know why. A lot of their transfers were much more expensive than you would expect.

Guest HTT II

Leicester have always sold one or two of their better players in the past to then reinvest in the squad, Maguire, Chillwell etc. I think they’d be OK with selling Barnes for the right money. They’ve done well recruitment wise in and out for a while now. Such a well run club!

1 hour ago, sushimonster85 said:

I suspect the reason these links are coming up now might be because they supposedly really need money and they haven’t sold Tielemans yet. He’s been the prime candidate for a move to generate cash, but the longer it drags on the more chance there is that they get desperate and look to shift a different asset. With all their contracts drying up, they might have to sell somebody they clearly don’t want to, like Barnes or Maddison.

7 hours ago, Pata said:

Would much rather take a marquee RW. Wilson is really good when fit and would much rather gamble on him staying fit than hope Almiron/Fraser/Murphy doing something at RW. Marquee RW and some young £10-20m prospect as a striker would be class.

I would really like even just Sarr and it would make a lot of sense but think we are hesitant due to his clear homophobia and the fun everyone would have if we signed him, just not worth the PR disaster.

Most people  in the West constantly mock and ridicule religious people, and tell them they are brainwashed and delusional, and would never champion any of their causes, but would sooner tell them to fuck off and keep their religion to themselves  ... so is this 'clear' Islamaphobia/Christianphobia etc?