More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’d have no issue with spending that on Barnes but, again, isn’t he a left winger?

Think the advantage of having Maxi is we can sign either, then move Maxi to the right if need be. Think I'd prefer him there tbh. Trippier might be able to control him better and he can get to the byline and cross more which he's capable of.

3 hours ago, leffe186 said:

The key point is that I believe that homosexuality is not a choice. Living your life by rules laid down by a deity and interpreted by people is. We can argue those points if you like, but I’d like to avoid getting hung up on absolutes or semantics. Unless they have a critical impact on Transfer Rumours.

You don't believe I could choose to be gay?

Harrison mainly plays on the left as well - of those two I'd rather Barnes if there's anything in either link.

But then yes, St Max does then become a bit of a puzzle. Although, when isn't he?

So, at that point I'd probably just say - over to you Eddie.

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Again, we’ve seemed to be linked with an endless number of left wingers this window 

Our strongest links seem to be with 2 footed-players tbf. Gives us the option to switch if maxi isn’t pulling out the numbers we need from that side.

28 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Plus, this isn't a club with hugely wealthy owners (they're rich, but not mega rich). Or a consistent record of success, large attendances or huge commercial revenues as well as coming off the back of two years of Covid losses and a nondescript season - which bigger clubs would be able to absorb better.

They're ludicrously rich - their duty-free business given a monopoly worth billions by a dictatorship (note that this is never raised in the Grauniad), with personal wealth in the billions.  

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They're ludicrously rich - their duty-free business given a monopoly worth billions by a dictatorship (note that this is never raised in the Grauniad), with personal wealth in the billions.  

I'll bow to your knowledge on that.

I'd read the owner was worth about £3bn which isn't far off Ashley levels, but who knows what's behind that or whether it's even accurate at all when it comes to offshore wealth, but I didn't really look any further.

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

I'll bow to your knowledge on that.

I'd read the owner was worth about £3bn which isn't far off Ashley levels, but who knows what's behind that or whether it's even accurate at all when it comes to offshore wealth, but I didn't really look any further.

Yep, 3bn is about right re (reported) personal wealth - but that wealth is a lot more liquid than Ashley's (it isn't 'wallpaper' :))

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, 3bn is about right re (reported) personal wealth - but that wealth is a lot more liquid than Ashley's (it isn't 'wallpaper' :))

Haha, yes it's come to something where I'm starting to think of £3bn as 'not being very rich' as well.

Another one for the ”spoiled tag”. I’m not super excited by any of them three. ? There must be cheaper/more exciting alternatives in Europe? If the papers are to be believed (I know) we’re more than a tad PL-leaning at the moment. 

Just now, clintdempsey said:

Another one for the ”spoiled tag”. I’m not super excited by any of them three. ? There must be cheaper/more exciting alternatives in Europe? If the papers are to be believed (I know) we’re more than a tad PL-leaning at the moment. 

Barnes has been outstanding the last 2 years 

Can't lie I am very surprised we haven't followed up any interest in Ludovic Blas, after having apparently watched him a fair bit last season. Left footed and just 24 years old, with 20 goals and 9 assists over the last two years in Ligue 1.

Ridiculously versatile, having played as a right winger, striker, number 10 and central midfielder in a midfield three.

Also apparently a god friend of ASM. And he's been publicly made available for £17 million this summer.

He's one I though we'd have next up, if Diaby didn't pan out as seems to be the case.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Barnes has been outstanding the last 2 years 

Don’t get me wrong. He’s a good player. Just not…super exciting in my opinion. There’s just something to be said for a “wunderkind” from abroad from my perspective. ?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Can't lie I am very surprised we haven't followed up any interest in Ludovic Blas, after having apparently watched him a fair bit last season. Left footed and just 24 years old, with 20 goals and 9 assists over the last two years in Ligue 1.

Ridiculously versatile, having played as a right winger, striker, number 10 and central midfielder in a midfield three.

Also apparently a god friend of ASM. And he's been publicly made available for £17 million this summer.

He's one I though we'd have next up, if Diaby didn't pan out as seems to be the case.

We only go for players who are out of our price range according to the press ?

The only thing I can think, is that they will eventually pay what they have to in order to get the player they want but right now are trying to pull fees down.

It makes zero sense to low balling sides, knowing that they won't accept, unless we believe in the long run it will save us money.

13 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh goodie. [emoji38]

Shocking article :lol:

So we're just sat there bidding for players that their clubs have made clear they do not want to lose unless it is for ridiculous money?

The desperation for clicks really has led to some desperate stuff being put out this summer man. Wow.

Edited by KaKa