More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Barnes would be a coup but again, we won't do business north of 40m IMO. So if Leicester want 50, they will have to come down in price.

A bigger issue is that Barnes is available for free in 12 months, which means that a greedy six club will have already sounded him out.

Apparently contracted until 2025.

4 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

watching the pain my mam went through last week has made me believe that no god exists.  If a god did exist then they would t let anyone suffer the pain I witnessed. 

Sorry to hear that mate. I was with my dad when he died from a horrible illness and it’s not something you forget.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The key point is that I believe that homosexuality is not a choice. Living your life by rules laid down by a deity and interpreted by people is. We can argue those points if you like, but I’d like to avoid getting hung up on absolutes or semantics. Unless they have a critical impact on Transfer Rumours.

Both parties will argue all day about the validity of their stances, and will never agree.

As far as I know Sarr was not mistreating any LGBTQ person, so just respect whatever code he chooses to live by. If he is ever caught doing so then deal with him appropriately.

None of you know what it's like to grow up in a Muslim household and traditions, and live that way your whole life, and just arrogantly think you can tell them to just do exactly as you say. 

I think it's ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Apparently contracted until 2025.

They will have to sell at least one of Maddison, Barnes or Tielemans. Possibly even 2 considering they won’t get much for Tielemans as he is out of contract next summer.

Would love for us to go big here and get Barnes, he would be absolutely perfect for us.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You can't answer a question when it's premise is wrong.

Yeah, you will always find it wrong from your point of view I'm sure.

Anyway ... happy to get back to crying about transfers. Maybe people can try not to stick labels on people they don't even know, and minimise what is a pretty complex issue.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye Barnes would be ideal, but Nixon talks shite.

He does unfortunately, however I can see us at least being interested in him. He fits all the criteria that we seem to be targeting. Unfortunately can’t see us going near the price unless we could structure it with add ons.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They will have to sell at least one of Maddison, Barnes or Tielemans. Possibly even 2 considering they won’t get much for Tielemans as he is out of contract next summer.

Would love for us to go big here and get Barnes, he would be absolutely perfect for us.

Why do they have to sell at all though? 

Are they in financial trouble?? I’ve missed it if they are 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He does unfortunately, however I can see us at least being interested in him. He fits all the criteria that we seem to be targeting. Unfortunately can’t see us going near the price unless we could structure it with add ons.

Yeah, I agree. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Why do they have to sell at all though? 

Are they in financial trouble?? I’ve missed it if they are 

They have to sell to buy this summer yeah, currently the only side in the league to not buy anyone this window.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Both parties will argue all day about the validity of their stances, and will never agree.

As far as I know Sarr was not mistreating any LGBTQ person, so just respect whatever code he chooses to live by. If he is ever caught doing so then deal with him appropriately.

None of you know what it's like to grow up in a Muslim household and traditions, and live that way your whole life, and just arrogantly think you can tell them to just do exactly as you say. 

I think it's ridiculous.

When man (and women) first came about they fucked each other and in Roman times as an example orgies between all sexes was rampant, men with men, women with women, or between one another. There should be no constraints whatsoever by way of some man made religion. We are or were meant to be intersexual and inter-racial, then people made up rules and laws and then we become manufactured in that a man has to be some masculine straight man and a women has to wear make up and dresses and boys play with toy cars and girls dolls and, well, it’s all bull shit.

It was Gay Pride yesterday in Newcastle, I didn’t attend but I know many good friends who did and the photos on FB looked amazing. But I do agree, he can have his beliefs, as long as he’s not hurting anyone. I’m as straight as a banana myself, but do find many a man attractive, I wouldn’t want to fuck them though and the idea or thought of me and another bloke doing it isn’t right in my mind, urgh, but then that’s how I’ve been conditioned through hundreds of billions of years. Again I hope in the far future, we are all intersexual and inter-racial. I know blokes who fuck men and women and vice versa, now that must be so liberating.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They have to sell to buy this summer yeah, currently the only side in the league to not buy anyone this window.

Maybe they just won’t sell and won’t buy. They could stick with what they’ve got.

I certainly wouldn’t sell Barnes or Maddison if I were them. Who would they get who are definitely better? 

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think it's ridiculous.

When religious freedoms and basic human rights are at odds, with a few exceptions there's only ever going to be one winner with most people in this day and age - religious or not. The church itself knows this and moves with the times, often pushing away from its own doctrine.

We can respect religious beliefs that we disagree with, but any basic bigotry hidden behind the veil of 'traditional values' or 'religious freedom' is probably going to be viewed as such - at least when it's directed towards a demographic that the west has suddenly decided it cares about protecting.

The arrogance part is right though, homophobia is rightly completely out of bounds, but our society will happily turn a blind eye or join in with certain types of racism, xenophobia, and other forms of bigotry. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, LV said:

Maybe they just won’t sell and won’t buy. They could stick with what they’ve got.

I certainly wouldn’t sell Barnes or Maddison if I were them. Who would they get who are definitely better? 

No idea, just going of the John Percy article in the telegraph, he’s usually bang on the money regarding Leicester and he said they have to sell.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, you will always find it wrong from your point of view I'm sure.

Anyway ... happy to get back to crying about transfers. Maybe people can try not to stick labels on people they don't even know, and minimise what is a pretty complex issue.

'most people' was literally wrong when the fact is that the majority are religious, that's the premise I was getting at. Either way I've answered in another post.

5 minutes ago, LV said:

This is the article btw, doesn’t make great reading for a Leicester fan.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

When man (and women) first came about they fucked each other and in Roman times as an example orgies between all sexes was rampant, men with men, women with women, or between one another. There should be no constraints whatsoever by way of some man made religion. We are or were meant to be intersexual and inter-racial, then people made up rules and laws and then we become manufactured in that a man has to be some masculine straight man and a women has to wear make up and dresses and boys play with toy cars and girls dolls and, well, it’s all bull shit.

It was Gay Pride yesterday in Newcastle, I didn’t attend but I know many good friends who did and the photos on FB looked amazing. But I do agree, he can have his beliefs, as long as he’s not hurting anyone. I’m as straight as a banana myself, but do find many a man attractive, I wouldn’t want to fuck them though and the idea or thought of me and another bloke doing it isn’t right in my mind, urgh, but then that’s how I’ve been conditioned through hundreds of billions of years. Again I hope in the far future, we are all intersexual and inter-racial. I know blokes who fuck men and women and vice versa, now that must be so liberating.

Everyone is going to have to live out this life based on a myriad of factors and influences on us individually. No matter how much anyone shouts about it, absolutely no one has all the answers, and it is going to be impossible to all come to any kind of agreement.

The minimum requirements, should be to not beat any other person over the head with what you believe is right, and not mistreat anyone who doesn't align with your thinking. The Ego is a hell of a thing though, and people just cannot do this.

31 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What about FFP though 

In all honesty I agree with our current approach - it may be a little frustrating at times but buying slow and sensible whilst bringing in better acedemy level and building up experts in their field at board level and testing waters in advertising in sleeve sponsorship is good to see for me.

Add number of outgoings onto the mix then ducks are starting to gather.

Not sure about Barnes, particularly for that amount of money. I have the feeling that, at 24, he's already as good as he's going to get. He strikes me as a player that we'd be looking to upgrade in 2 years' time.

27 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My Aunty and her wife were there and in nearly every fucking picture that Adam Pearson's in shot. Creepy, inclusive, bastard that he is :lol:

29 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

'most people' was literally wrong when the fact is that the majority are religious, that's the premise I was getting at. Either way I've answered in another post.

Fair point. The funny thing is though, even the so called religious people are guilty of these things against each other.

I think even faith and religion has been bastardized. I think a lot of people just claim to be parts of these groups in order to then pick a fight with other people. How many actually really are looking deeper at themselves, which is really what it is about surely? But human nature is always to find fault with others in order not to deal with our own individual mess.

I've always been more sceptical about religious people that are very loud about other people's ills, and placing shame and guilt on others. That is a self righteous attitude, which just doesn't make sense IMO.

Honestly, could you take the religion/race/politics/social conditioning schlurp to another thread pls?

I enjoy the footy/player based threads but really do not enjoy these round in circles debates…

rant over…:suicide: