More transfer rumours

midds

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

Where is the Barnes link? I know Leicester need to sell but I don’t get why they’d sell their better players because much like us selling Maxi they’d just have to use the bulk of that money replacing him anyway. 

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I suspect the reason these links are coming up now might be because they supposedly really need money and they haven’t sold Tielemans yet. He’s been the prime candidate for a move to generate cash, but the longer it drags on the more chance there is that they get desperate and look to shift a different asset. With all their contracts drying up, they might have to sell somebody they clearly don’t want to, like Barnes or Maddison.

You lot are in for Maddison aren’t you ?

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Most people  in the West constantly mock and ridicule religious people, and tell them they are brainwashed and delusional, and would never champion any of their causes, but would sooner tell them to fuck off and keep their religion to themselves  ... so is this 'clear' Islamaphobia/Christianphobia etc?

Well one reason to fear some religious people is that they only seem to deal in absolutes, which is rather borne out by your first couple of lines.

Guest HTT II

I’m married to a Muslim and while she isn’t homophobic, she doesn’t agree with it (she doesn’t think it’s wrong btw, it’s just not in her belief system). But then I don’t agree with her religion, or any religion. As long as you can respect peoples rights to do what they want and be themselves, that should be fine even if you don’t agree. In an ideal world every barrier would not exist, but, especially in the west here, people need to accept different cultures, although the antithesis to ours or modern ideals, doesn’t match and may never. Take Saudi Arabia for example, we bemoan some of their culture and practices, yet they bemoan some of ours, like drinking etc. hopefully in 100 years time we will all be just fucking one another and of mixed race and with zero religion or any other bull shit that holds the human race back. Or an extinction event…

Just now, leffe186 said:

Well one reason to fear some religious people is that they only seem to deal in absolutes, which is rather borne out by your first couple of lines.

You can change it to some, you can change it to one ... are those people, or is a person that does what I stated an Islamaphobe/Christianphobe, or any other such thing?

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You lot are in for Maddison aren’t you ?

Supposedly. Reading between the lines, Tielemans is being shopped around, but nobody’s bitten yet (despite Arsenal being heavily linked). We‘d rather have Maddison for HG reasons (partly) but Leicester would only be tempted to sell if they cannot shift Tielemans.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can we not keep this thread about transfer rumours?

That would be boring given there is fuck all happening…

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Quick check and in the UK and US alone the population self identify as 54% and 65% Christian.

'most people' :lol:

Love how you lot are dodging the question? :lol:

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Better than the conversation you are having currently 

It’s good to talk about these things IMO, as long as it remains on topic…

Edited by HTT II

Just now, KaKa said:

You can change it to some, you can change it to one ... are those people, or is a person that does what I stated an Islamaphobe/Christianphobe, or any other such thing?

The key point is that I believe that homosexuality is not a choice. Living your life by rules laid down by a deity and interpreted by people is. We can argue those points if you like, but I’d like to avoid getting hung up on absolutes or semantics. Unless they have a critical impact on Transfer Rumours.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m married to a Muslim and while she isn’t homophobic, she doesn’t agree with it (she doesn’t think it’s wrong btw, it’s just not in her belief system). But then I don’t agree with her religion, or any religion. As long as you can respect peoples rights to do what they want and be themselves, that should be fine even if you don’t agree. In an ideal world every barrier would not exist, but, especially in the west here, people need to accept different cultures, although the antithesis to ours or modern ideals, doesn’t match and may never. Take Saudi Arabia for example, we bemoan some of their culture and practices, yet they bemoan some of ours, like drinking etc. hopefully in 100 years time we will all be just fucking one another and of mixed race and with zero religion or any other bull shit that holds the human race back. Or an extinction event…

Thank you for being brave enough to address the question.

Your experience actually being married to someone with those beliefs, has clearly shown you the reality of the situation. I imagine most people don't even know a single person with those type of backgrounds, but will just comfortably accuse them of things and stick labels on them. 

10 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Supposedly. Reading between the lines, Tielemans is being shopped around, but nobody’s bitten yet (despite Arsenal being heavily linked). We‘d rather have Maddison for HG reasons (partly) but Leicester would only be tempted to sell if they cannot shift Tielemans.

How much would Maddison cost? 

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Thank you for being brave enough to address the question.

Your experience actually being married to someone with those beliefs, has clearly shown you the reality of the situation. I imagine most people don't even know a single person with those type of backgrounds, but will just comfortably accuse them of things and stick labels on them. 

I will say this mind, since my wife has become ‘westernised’ if you like, she is 100% pro choice. She was actually out in town last night with a good friend of ours who is a lesbian, the dirty stop out didn’t get in until after 1, or so she says. I was fast asleep. We do need to respect that people have different attitudes, beliefs and ideals, even if we don’t like it or agree. I don't agree with religion, but 100% support someone wanting to believe in a God or preying 5 times a day, fasting etc. People also need to remember, Islam hasn’t quite had the enlightened period other religions have or beliefs, but it is changing for the better. I know more Muslims than none and have more Muslim family than non and not one of them would ever wish harm or prejudice against a non Muslim or someone gay, even though most don’t accept the notion of men being with men, or women being with women or whatever. I will say this, a lot of religious people seem sexually repressed, however. Now that’s me being prejudiced/judgemental… but we all are!

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
Just now, Big River said:

I’d take Barnes like!

I’ve rated him for a while, genuinley two footed, direct, hard working, quick, can play a number of roles, young and has a high ceiling. I’d prefer him over Harrison definitely. Fuck it if he’s gonna cost 50m, do it. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I will say this mind, since my wife has become ‘westernised’ if you like, she is 100% pro choice. She was actually out in town last night with a good friend of ours who is a lesbian, the dirty stop out didn’t get in until after 1, or so she says. I was fast asleep. We do need to respect that people have different attitudes, beliefs and ideals, even if we don’t like it or agree. I don't agree with religion, but 100% support someone wanting to believe in a God or preying 5 times a day, fasting etc. People also need to remember, Islam hasn’t quite had the enlightened period other religions have or beliefs, but it is changing for the better. I know more Muslims than none and have more Muslim family than non and not one of them would ever wish harm or prejudice against a non Muslim or someone gay, even though most don’t accept the notion of men being with men, or women being with women or whatever. I will say this, a lot of religious people seem sexually repressed, however. Now that’s me being prejudiced/judgemental… but we all are!

watching the pain my mam went through last week has made me believe that no god exists.  If a god did exist then they would t let anyone suffer the pain I witnessed. 

Barnes would be a coup but again, we won't do business north of 40m IMO. So if Leicester want 50, they will have to come down in price.

A bigger issue is that Barnes is available for free in 12 months, which means that a greedy six club will have already sounded him out.