More transfer rumours

midds

4 hours ago, James said:

Almiron is the form player right now so Howe needs to make a call on whether this can translate into PL performances.

if he does think that then got to go all out on a striker.

Eh ??????

We have Wilson and we desperately need back up (or someone to challenge him) ?

So if Miggy is your answer for RW ….what happens if Miggy gets injured ? 

We need both , 

Miggy has had multiple seasons to shine and he hasn’t ….if he improves …great 

however we can’t rely on him - No chance 

We still look lightweight and lack firepower / goals from the front 3

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

There is absolutely 0% chance that is even remotely accurate. The fee and the wages would be beyond anything we have seemingly been willing to go to so far.

His release clause is only €1 billion.

16 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Panic stations almost upon us here like.

I waited for an age outside the Quilted Camel, placard at the ready, on Saturday and not a soul turned up. There were a few furrowed brows around, but possibly just hangover related. Beginning to doubt the whole new panic-stations-protest movement ?‍♂️

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

I know I just watched highlights, but surely last nights match + injury to Shelvey shows we still have much to do in the market before the window closes to solve both starting and depth issues. 

when some of our true rotation players who are pushing to start have durability issues that’s got to be sorted out via signings. 

A loan for a out of favor CM who can play as the 6 or 8 would be ideal. 

A purchase of a top 8/10 would be ideal who can cover mid and attack would be great. 

A purchase or loan of a striker backup to Wilson who could play wide forward too. 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

I'd be surprised, or even amazed if Fraser has that kind of season again, or even near. I don't think it's possible for him, physically. Not that you said it, i'm just saying.

Agree with this. He's been at Newcastle for two years now, and even if you discount the long periods out with injuries, he just doesn't look like a serious footballer these days. Even when he's playing he looks like he's just come back from his summer holidays.

We really do need a striker in who can finish AND stay fit. We don’t have one at the club right now. 

But I’m concerned that there isn’t one available who will fit our wage and transfer fee limits and have the right character. 

Really can’t predict what the club is going to do here. I hope they surprise us. 

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Agree with this. He's been at Newcastle for two years now, and even if you discount the long periods out with injuries, he just doesn't look like a serious footballer these days. Even when he's playing he looks like he's just come back from his summer holidays.

Think that's a little harsh. Bad timing with the injury towards the end of the season, but before that he was running himself into the ground every game under Howe. Looked way fitter as well. 

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I hear there's a lad who plays for Lyon who can cover all three of our problem positions...

Agreed

if you watch miggy , he doesn’t play as an out n out RW …he drifts all over 

paquetta could do that (but better)