Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

I do wonder if Scotland left if theyd accept Geordie asylum seekers. I live closer to Edinburgh than I do London and if they leave, I'd rather join them and let little England craic on and tory their way in to oblivion. 

If the Tyne could be the hard border I'd be Buzzing. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

I do wonder if Scotland left if theyd accept Geordie asylum seekers. I live closer to Edinburgh than I do London and if they leave, I'd rather join them and let little England craic on and tory their way in to oblivion. 

Heard it's going to be Hadrian's wall

13 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

According to the Scottish government website. 

Over half the Scottish population (2.8 million people) receive some form of social security. 

And there lies the problem. "some form" 

The UK GVT & the devolved powers use the same figures. They, the DWP, class the State Pension as a "benefit" for eg. Weird, I know. 

Iirc 48% of people "in receipt of 'some form' of benefit are IN WORK"

Only 1 in 8 households in receipt of housing benefit, for eg, have no one working 

Anyways. Hope we sign Ekitke and "soon" 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

And there lies the problem. "some form" 

The UK GVT & the devolved powers use the same figures. They, the DWP, class the State Pension as a "benefit" for eg. Weird, I know. 

Iirc 48% of people "in receipt of 'some form' of benefit are IN WORK"

Only 1 in 8 households in receipt of housing benefit, for eg, have no one working 

Anyways. Hope we sign Ekitke and "soon" 

I was just saying where he got that stat from. Not trying to defend his argument. I work in Glasgow. 

Edited by relámpago blanco

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

I was just saying where he got that stat from. Not trying to defend his argument. I work in Glasgow. 

This isn't a politics forum or is every topic now just a free for all?

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

And I'm just saying that a huge chunk of the people described by the gvt as on welfare, and the resultant financial figure, are pensioners on both State Pension AND in receipt of "some form" of benefit. 

Totally and deliberately scews the arguement. they present to diminish the welfare state

22 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

This isn't a politics forum or is every topic now just a free for all?

Welcome to 2022.

Where people hide behind their phones and hate the other. 

I think this thread has now reached the shark jumping point with bad puns and discussion about Scottish politics.

only a matter of time before someone suggests we lock this thread.

Aye let's keep this one about Ekitike. Things understandably get sidetracked when there's not much to talk about, but it must be frustrating for folks having to wade through pages of unrelated discussion when they're just after updates about a transfer. 

Use the +Quote button to relocate a discussion, btw.

Can someone please be kind enough to give us a little update of where we're at with this one? Last I saw was Romano (I think) saying it could be in a few days?

Guest HTT II
Just now, Rich said:

Can someone please be kind enough to give us a little update of where we're at with this one? Last I saw was Romano (I think) saying it could be in a few days?

That was in Jan…

1 minute ago, Rich said:

There's been different takes from different sources. Bailey and Romano claim its ticking along. Hope and Edwards have written his agent is stalling, with the former claiming he's doing so because of interest from Dortmund.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

I should’ve moved to Ireland straight after brexit, I’d have been nearly due a passport by now. Sadly there was a pandemic. 

3 hours ago, Bondedcrown said:

This is why a topic has a title? Don't change the narrative! Every thread seems to go this way! It's tiresome! 

I was asking a question, from a post, hence the quote. Cannot see how I have changed any narrative here. Enjoy your day.