Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Given we need more bodies into the squad (regardless of which European competition we're in) and we need to tiptoe around FFP it wouldn't surprise me if we brought him in on loan. We obviously like(d) him and made him a top target in the past and it makes sense if a deal can be done. Loan him in the summer and the cash can be spent in other areas to bulk the squad out and it makes sense imo.

All of that depends entirely on the lad NOT being an absolute cunt, obviously.  

14 minutes ago, midds said:

Given we need more bodies into the squad (regardless of which European competition we're in) and we need to tiptoe around FFP it wouldn't surprise me if we brought him in on loan. We obviously like(d) him and made him a top target in the past and it makes sense if a deal can be done. Loan him in the summer and the cash can be spent in other areas to bulk the squad out and it makes sense imo.

I think he has already proved he is, so no thanks. Celebrating goals in training like he has won the world cup! 

Loan or not, he is not the player we need 

10 minutes ago, midds said:

A cunt will always be a cunt. Plus cannot see him dumping his agent.

This business about him being a cunt is a bit weird like. 

Gets the opportunity to play for the most prestigious club in his country and one of the biggest in the world and fans of Newcastle United get put out because he doesn't pick them? 

IIRC PSG came late to the party and were in the middle of a manager change so of course you'd hang around to see what they had to say. 

Totally agree his agent sounds like a cunt but the lads 19 years old ffs.

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Don’t want to sound pedantic but he’s going to be 21 this June. Still young and learning though, yes.

3 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

This business about him being a cunt is a bit weird like. 

Gets the opportunity to play for the most prestigious club in his country and one of the biggest in the world and fans of Newcastle United get put out because he doesn't pick them? 

IIRC PSG came late to the party and were in the middle of a manager change so of course you'd hang around to see what they had to say. 

I agree, but there have been a few French reports that his attitude has been poor while at PSG. 

I don’t care if he turned us down, he was being advised by a clown to do that.

Reality will bite here and he’ll begin to start thinking “ooh.. time to start taking this seriously if the career is going to go anywhere”

PSG was a shiny trophy of a move, a dream for any French kid who probably didn’t or couldn’t see that it’s an absolute poison bowl of overpaid egos. It was a move that was never going to work out, especially when Neymar decided to dig in and stay.

If he gets rid of said clown and surrounds himself with serious people, his career will turn around am fairly sure and I wouldn’t be opposed to him joining.

Would also give Maxi someone to play big brother to

Just seen his recent goal against Lens. May have softened on my opinion of him joining us.

Honestly no idea when this game is from. 

Edited by Dokko

As we have just seen with the Anthony Gordon fuss, we thankfully have a manager with a very cool calm head that does not over react and get overly emotional about things, but is instead a very fair and reasonable human being. He will not have taken things personally and as some sort of slight like so many on here do. If a deal is there to be done and the player has since recognised that moving to Newcastle is in fact a good move, I'm sure it will be considered.

And it's interesting to note that this is what Ekitike himself actually said about Newcastle shortly after joining PSG last summer.

Hugo Ekitike interviewed by Le Parisien and reported by Le10Sport, why he ended up signings for PSG and not Newcastle United, what actually happened:

‘Did you put Newcastle on hold last winter and then this summer, despite the agreement with Reims, because you were waiting for PSG?’

“I had an appointment with Luis (Campos) which meant a lot for me.

“It was not so long ago.

“We talked a lot, he is someone I consider enormously.

“I wanted to come to PSG before this exchange but it convinced me even more.

“I don’t put aside everything Newcastle did to get me to come.

“If I had to go abroad, I would have gone there.

“But when PSG wants you and you’re French, you can’t refuse.”

Edited by KaKa

It means “I have zero interest in joining Newcastle since day one. I didn’t put it aside, it’s simply a waste of time right from the beginning”

however, nowadays, I don’t believe any club would make an offer if they know (mostly from the agent) that the player has absolutely no interest in joining them. You might argue for this but my take is the club was informed that the player MIGHT agree the move to here, hence we spent nearly TWO windows and making several rounds of negotiations with Reims and the players agent, UNTIL PSG finally submit a bid.

The player himself and the agent are cunts in the highest order. Fuck them all. We are lucky that the gamble on Isak is a win, or else we are in deep trouble.

Edited by Zero

1 hour ago, Zero said:

It means “I have zero interest in joining Newcastle since day one. I didn’t put it aside, it’s simply a waste of time right from the beginning”

however, nowadays, I don’t believe any club would make an offer if they know (mostly from the agent) that the player has absolutely no interest in joining them. You might argue for this but my take is the club was informed that the player MIGHT agree the move to here, hence we spent nearly TWO windows and making several rounds of negotiations with Reims and the players agent, UNTIL PSG finally submit a bid.

The player himself and the agent are cunts in the highest order. Fuck them all. We are lucky that the gamble on Isak is a win, or else we are in deep trouble.

Isak was not a 'gamble', neither was he an alternative to Ekitike. 

You barely even know what's been going on at the club.

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Isak was not a 'gamble', neither was he an alternative to Ekitike. 

You barely even know what's been going on at the club.

He is a gamble. Every high profile transfer is a gamble. Look at Mudryk.

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

He is a gamble. Every high profile transfer is a gamble. Look at Mudryk.

Yeah, I'm sure they just woke up one morning and decided to randomly spend £60 million on Isak after pulling his name out of a hat. 

He’s in a huff because he can barely get a kick in a farmer’s league, but if he joins us now he’s a fringe player. We’ve moved beyond him.

He needs to go somewhere and get his career back on track. Might turn into the player he threatened to be if he screws his head on.

1 minute ago, christ said:

He’s in a huff because he can barely get a kick in a farmer’s league, but if he joins us now he’s a fringe player. We’ve moved beyond him.

He needs to go somewhere and get his career back on track. Might turn into the player he threatened to be if he screws his head on.

He was the top scorer at Reims at 19 years old and helped keep them up in the 'farmers league' he apparently can't get a kick in. You sound dumb :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He was the top scorer at Reims at 19 years old and helped keep them up in the 'farmers league' he apparently can't get a kick in. You sound dumb :lol:

One good season means nothing, particularly if you’ve got the attitude he seems to have.

He’s been underwhelming at PSG. He appears to have spat his dummy out because he’s behind Mbappe, Messi and Neymar, and they’re now trying to move him on before the obligation to buy has actually properly kicked in. I know PSG are a joke behind the scenes, but that should be a huge red flag.

We’re not in the same position we were 12-18 months ago when we were after him. The circular debate about whether we should or shouldn’t go for him seems pointless to me - we’ve progressed to a point where if he came he’d find himself in the same situation he is at PSG that he’s so unhappy with.

It’s clear he needs to get his head down elsewhere and get more than a solitary good run of form under his belt and make the most of his potential.