Hugo Ekitike

Miggys First Goal

Just now, NE27 said:

Did I miss something with his agent?

Or are we just annoyed they chose Paris over newcastle[emoji38]

Quite a few reports from our journos about him stringing us along and asking for extortionate agent fees.

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

There was something about his agent jerking us around at one point. I don’t remember the specifics but he came across as quite a douche. 

You'd imagine we'd only be after 1 front 3 forward, and that being a wider forward. So it'd be one of Ekitike if he's even a consideration, Maddison or Pedro. Unless we're also looking at Maddison covering more than 1 position. But if we're after a Ugarte type we'd probably not be after more forward CM. Ekitike was also considered a 2 position player from what I read pre PSG move. Primarily a RF but also able to cover CF.

GK, LB, CB, DCM, WF I think will be what we're looking for. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Quite a few reports from our journos about him stringing us along and asking for extortionate agent fees.

:thup:

Never kept up with this one. Can still understand why they opted for Paris, although he set himself some insane standards hoping he'd get regular gametime there.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Turns out he didn't enjoy learning from Messi, Neymar and Mbappe in Paris and never playing despite people stating how much better that would be :dontknow:

Doesn't mean it didn't make sense despite how it ended. Isak's career stalled at Dortmund despite them apparently making any youngster a superstar. 

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask if he's available at a knock down price. But if his problems stem from not getting playing time at PSG of all places I don't think he'll be too impressed at where he begins in the pecking order here, either. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Turns out he didn't enjoy learning from Messi, Neymar and Mbappe in Paris and never playing despite people stating how much better that would be :dontknow:

Dont think anyone said it'd be "better", more that it was "understandable". 

He obviously expected more game time, I think that's clear. The fact he hasnt had it will be disappointing clearly, but maybe its his fault. Maybe its not, I dont watch PSG to know. 

You cant knock his ambition, but it hasnt worked out this year. Doubt it's going to have cost him much career wise. He'll get a move somewhere and from the confidence I have in our scouting he'll be good.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Wasn't Diaby a "flop" at PSG? And now the general consensus is we should spend £60M or more on him.

Perhaps the kid just needs more time and a better environment.

Diaby came through the academy at PSG, he's a Parisian lad, spent 6 years there. Moved to Leverkusen for regular game time. 

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You'd imagine we'd only be after 1 front 3 forward, and that being a wider forward. So it'd be one of Ekitike if he's even a consideration, Maddison or Pedro. Unless we're also looking at Maddison covering more than 1 position. But if we're after a Ugarte type we'd probably not be after more forward CM. Ekitike was also considered a 2 position player from what I read pre PSG move. Primarily a RF but also able to cover CF.

GK, LB, CB, DCM, WF I think will be what we're looking for. 

We'll sign a young forward that can play elsewhere like Pedro or Ekitike and we'll sign a left footed wide man to provide competition for Almiron.

14 minutes ago, NE27 said:

“A few days after the window closed, Ekitike’s agent, Karl Buchmann, angered Toon supporters by revealing reservations about the “project” at Newcastle.

He told French outlet L'Equipe: “We were not convinced about the sports project and we saw no short or medium-term plan with their (Newcastle’s) approach. Hugo has achieved great things in just six months but, as he is attached to the club, we agreed to end the season with Reims.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hugo-ekitike-gamble-fails-paris-26434599.amp

Just now, Manxst said:

“A few days after the window closed, Ekitike’s agent, Karl Buchmann, angered Toon supporters by revealing reservations about the “project” at Newcastle.

He told French outlet L'Equipe: “We were not convinced about the sports project and we saw no short or medium-term plan with their (Newcastle’s) approach. Hugo has achieved great things in just six months but, as he is attached to the club, we agreed to end the season with Reims.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hugo-ekitike-gamble-fails-paris-26434599.amp

Again...such a shame.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Wasn't Diaby a "flop" at PSG? And now the general consensus is we should spend £60M or more on him.

Perhaps the kid just needs more time and a better environment.

It’s part of the reason Messi and co get booed. The local fans are sick of seeing top Parisian talent leave and prosper elsewhere like Nkunku and Diaby.

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

Doesn't mean it didn't make sense despite how it ended. Isak's career stalled at Dortmund despite them apparently making any youngster a superstar. 

PSG are a galactico club that get rid of their own top young talent. It was a silly move considering the year he had just had and the clubs that were interested in him aside from us even. It's panned out exactly as expected.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We'll sign a young forward that can play elsewhere like Pedro or Ekitike and we'll sign a left footed wide man to provide competition for Almiron.

I dont see us singing more than 1 wide player. That'd give us new singing, Gordon, Maxi and Miggy. Murphy will stay to be 5th choice for there I think.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

It’s part of the reason Messi and co get booed. The local fans are sick of seeing top Parisian talent leave and prosper elsewhere like Nkunku and Diaby.

They want to bring Xavi Simons back now too, supposedly- only let him go last year (to PSV). Joke club. 

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Short term plan isn't looking too bad right now [emoji38]

Although I get the feeling the club weren't expecting to be as high as we are this late into the season.

Or maybe I'm talking absolute shit!