Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Desperately needs a goal and it's affecting his decision making. His general pressing is good and he's linking things up and winning headers which is the main reason he was signed. Just needs a goal to settle him down, should 100% have slid Fraser in with a simple pass

He can hit them and I suspect when the goal does come it will settle him down a lot.

For as much stick he’ll get for that mad shot, you have to give him credit for getting in the way of that McGinn shot, not sure Dubravka would have had that covered.

Doing everything but score at the moment, and has contributed to the team winning points.  Having him in the team gives us structure and frees up other players.

Goals would be nice, but we're winning.  Who would have thought that a few weeks ago?

26 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Worrying how poor he looks in front of goal. He’s lucky that we are on such a good run otherwise I can imagine the pressure would be piled on. 

Aye pure great luck that we’re on such a good run. 10 points in 12 since he joined.

Sooner Wilson is back the better. He was poor today. He can win 100% of Aerial Duels for all I care but if they all flick on to the opposition or out for a throw it means nothing.

I do think we'd be worse off without him in the team but that's mainly because who the fuck else would play there?! 

27 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Worrying how poor he looks in front of goal. He’s lucky that we are on such a good run otherwise I can imagine the pressure would be piled on. 

At around the 12 minute mark he got in a good position in front of an Aston Villa defender from Fraser's first cross. If the ball from Fraser had been better that would almost certainly have been his first goal.

He's clearly limited technically but it's not about next season, or the season after, it's about survival.

If we survive he has served his purpose and will find himself a squad player next season or sold, in which case we will recoup 8-12m, job done.

1 minute ago, STM said:

He's clearly limited technically but it's not about next season, or the season after, it's about survival.

If we survive he has served his purpose and will find himself a squad player next season or sold, in which case we will recoup 8-12m, job done.

Depends a bit on the wages we've given him whether we'll be able to sell him on or not. They may be so high that no club that would be interested in him can afford him even if the fee is relatively low.

We may have to have him in the squad until his contract expires. If we stay up it'll be worth it anyway.

He is doing something right. As that is 10/12 points when he has played.

He does give centre backs something to think about. Wins his fair share in the air and is a focal point we have needed for a long while. I think overall, we look more threatening in an attacking sense, with us getting a bit higher up the pitch. Set pieces seem to be more dangerous for us now, as well. 

But his touch back to goal, man. It’s like a Walrus trying to trap a beach ball. Place your bets on where it will end up, as it’s anybody’s guess. Doesn’t look like a target man in that sense. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Any big lump would’ve had the same results, if not better. He’s absolutely garbage.

Where has Rich said that we got another win we can only put down to Chris Wood's contribution? ???

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Any big lump would’ve had the same results, if not better. He’s absolutely garbage.

He is what he is. Nobody was selling a striker so it was either trigger his release clause or play ASM up top. He's a downgrade on Wilson which we all know and likely be a squad player next season if we stop up. 

Not arsed if he's not contributing with goals as long as we keep winning. He's a stop gap.

Edited by Mr Raspberry Jam