Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

On 09/04/2022 at 08:40, The Butcher said:

There would have been some right fewm on here had Harry Kane done the same last week.

Aye, it's a pen, but I still don't like. I know it's a massive part of the game now, the cheating, diving, gamesmanship and all that.

It’s a penalty and if Wood doesn’t go down like he does, he doesn’t get it. If he hurdles him it’s likely a goal-kick, if keeper doesn’t come out and slides in, there’s a chance of a shot at goal.

You're allowed to draw a foul. There's nothing even unsportsmanlike about it, it's just another way of beating your opponent.

Grealish did it all the time for Villa.

I was chuffed for Wood - had a few decent touches prior to that too. He does seem better playing it on the deck than as a header-merchant.

16 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's being discussed because some people don't want to give Wood any credit for getting it. Simple as that. 

Agree. Two other things to note:

As soon as Joelinton breaks into space Wood sprints to get on the shoulder of the defender.

It is a well timed pass and run that takes out the defender and draws SA into a challenge.

Wood has had an indifferent start but had some good moments on Friday.

5 minutes ago, Robster said:

Really impressed with him not shying away from taking the penalty. Fair play to the lad. Well executed penalty. 

He was on it straight away ready to wrestle anyone who was going to tell him otherwise.

54 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Genuinely don’t see any argument how that’s not a pen. The ball is past the keeper and he’s swept his legs. It looked more dramatic but if he hurdles it, he loses any chance of getting the ball.

It’s all about who gets there first. And he got there. Pen every single day of the week.

Because he doesn’t have to hurdle anything. He stopped running to time collision and dragged his leg along the grass ? 

Just now, huss9 said:

stop it, man ;D

? Last thing I’m going to say is if it’s a penalty then no one should’ve complained about Madison’s. If he tripped him it’s a penalty but he engineered the contact with unnatural movement. Anyway the games gone with stuff like this it seems unfortunately.

It's a pen and he did what is expected from a striker in 2022 but it's still very much a dive/engineered foul and I hate penalties like that. Nothing to do with anyone hating on Wood.

This place has a history for closing their eyes if it's one of you doing it, most were perfectly fine with Kane and Sterling diving all over the place during the Euros. :hmm: 

On 09/04/2022 at 14:31, Slim said:

Also had it not been offside he scores two

That's not how it works.

If the first one wasn't offside and had stood, everything after that point would have happened differently.

Just now, ManDoon said:

How do you mean? He has to change his momentum if someone comes flying out at him? What do you think he should have done? 

The way he drags his right foot means he is initiating contact even more than the keeper.