Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It was a pen man FFS!

:lol: :thup: of course it was. Clever centre forward play from Wood, to draw the foul, which top strikers have been doing for years.

There would have been some right fewm on here had Harry Kane done the same last week.

Aye, it's a pen, but I still don't like. I know it's a massive part of the game now, the cheating, diving, gamesmanship and all that.

9 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

We've lacked shithousery for decades, we've been too soft, the players we bring in will have more shithousery about them (as most winners do) than Northumbian water 

Absolutely. Already seen a glimpse of it with Trippier. I think it's @ManDoon who has repeatedly said we appeal for very little, too. That'll change over time as well.

Even if I felt uncomfortable about the way the penalty was won (which I don't), I'd remember how we didn't get two utterly blatant ones against Man City and Chelsea and forget all about it. 

4 hours ago, The Butcher said:

There would have been some right fewm on here had Harry Kane done the same last week.

Aye, it's a pen, but I still don't like. I know it's a massive part of the game now, the cheating, diving, gamesmanship and all that.

That's it basically. The authorities have happily driven the game into the dirt for this sort of thing, so we either get dirty or get beat. I don't like it, and want it to be changed, but until it is, Wood played it right last night.

I know he buys it but I don't think it's a particularly controversial case. It sounds like mental gymnastics but I think you can still be unfairly impeded even if contact isn't made. Sa is late, misses the ball and obstructs Wood; he just made the contact to ensure the right decision prevailed. It's a really unmemorable comparison but I can vividly remember a similar case with Lovenkrands in that 6-1 win over Barnsley back in the Championship. 

Guest neesy111
4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Even if it wasn’t a pen, the first goal wasn’t offside so it’s even.

Except it was.

fuck them.

after the VAR debacle at chelsea, we deserved this one.

anyway, whether or not Wood played for it, it was a foul. keeper comes diving in getting no where near the ball.

6 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's a Vardy special. Get yourself between ball and player and wait for the inevitable foul.

You mean inevitable contact. Not a foul. Hence why it’s never a penalty. VAR giving it just shows what a waste of time it is as it was with Murphy against Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You mean inevitable contact. Not a foul. Hence why it’s never a penalty. VAR giving it just shows what a waste of time it is as it was with Murphy against Chelsea.

If a player goes through the man to win the ball though, its a foul.

18 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Except it was.

To me, it's the same conversation as the penalty. According to the modern implementation of offside rule, it was offside so no complaints, but I think morally it (and VAR generally) is stupid and lessens the game.

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If a player goes through the man to win the ball though, its a foul.

The ball was gone and flying out of play. He didn’t go through him. He dragged his legs to force contact when he could’ve easily just carried on running as normal.

If your not going to accept it wasn’t a penalty then that’s up to you and a reason why referees and VAR can never ultimately get it right because people have different ideas.

If you did what Wood did playing against me in a Red v Blue game you’d be laughed at ?

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

The ball was gone and flying out of play. He didn’t go through him. He dragged his legs to force contact when he could’ve easily just carried on running as normal.

If your not going to accept it wasn’t a penalty then that’s up to you and a reason why referees and VAR can never ultimately get it right because people have different ideas.

If you did what Wood did playing against me in a Red v Blue game you’d be laughed at ?

I don't like it or approve of it, as it's still a form of gamesmanship, but it's still a foul.

When Vardy pulls clear, then slows down and waits for the defender To bundle into the back of him, the defender still commits a foul. It's up to the defending player to ensure they don't go lunging in.

If he hurdles the challenge then there's no way his feet are planted in time to get that ball before it goes out for a goal kick and the goalkeeper benefits massively from his own mistake.  Pen all day.

59 minutes ago, 80 said:

That's it basically. The authorities have happily driven the game into the dirt for this sort of thing, so we either get dirty or get beat. I don't like it, and want it to be changed, but until it is, Wood played it right last night.

Maybe now we're exploiting it, things will change.

21 minutes ago, Eveready said:

If he hurdles the challenge then there's no way his feet are planted in time to get that ball before it goes out for a goal kick and the goalkeeper benefits massively from his own mistake.  Pen all day.

Exactly. I know it's a bit much for the average referee to consider, but Wood's first touch is necessitated by the keeper's decision to come out, if the keeper then fucks up, it's a pen, in my eyes.

9 minutes ago, Slim said:

Also had it not been offside he scores two

Just seen the offside. Very harsh. They are level the way I see it and should be given just as Villa’s should’ve against us and so on and so on…

9 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Was an absolute blatant penalty can't believe its even being discussed.

Agree. If the keeper comes out and nails his ass and doesn't touch the ball, then that is completely on him.

It was an obvious Pen.