Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I was actually thinking maybe for the Wolves game just stick Joelinton up there for a game and play Bruno with Shelvey & Willock. Maybe freshens it up for Joelinton too. He’d be able to press probably just as well, can’t be any less of a goal threat and get Willock further alongside him to feed off him?

Shelvey isnt physical or mobile enough for the press playing further up in a midfield 3, hes either the DLP position or hes not playing.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's been said before, but for Burnley he was very much a run off the shoulder man. Ashley Barnes was the battering ram who backed in and fought the ariel duel/went down like a sack of shit to win the free kick.

You can say this as much as you like but his goals compilation for Burnley doesn't support this. He doesn't have any strengths apart from attempting aerial duels. That is it. 

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

You can say this as much as you like but his goals compilation for Burnley doesn't support this. He doesn't have any strengths apart from attempting aerial duels. That is it. 

I don't have time to watch the lot again, but the first five are two of him running off the shoulder, a penalty and two poachers goals.

yeah he's not great at all and I don't think there's much more Howe or anyone could squeeze out of him with a change of systems or personnel around him. the cost was unfortunate circumstances. even chris wood doesn't think chris wood should cost 25m.

but it's also not like he'll be starting many, if any, games next year and this eases my stress about him considerably, given my only hope for this season post-takeover was survival and with 8 to 10 games to go and 9 points clear I'm fairly comfortable.

Edited by thomas

You can see looking at those highlights that he seems a different player nowadays. I liked him back when he broke through

at Leeds. He was physically better, had better pace and movement. I think he’s just a bit past his best after playing in a super physical team for most of his career

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You can see looking at those highlights that he seems a different player nowadays. I liked him back when he broke through

at Leeds. He was physically better, had better pace and movement. I think he’s just a bit past his best after playing in a super physical team for most of his career

Definetly. You'd imagine he'll be third choice next season and most likely moved on a year later.

Might me unfashionable but though Wood player well today, linked up the wide players, hustled and jostled there defenders all game, and deserved his pen and won it well, and could have had a second too.

Just now, wormy said:

Balls of steel considering his goalscoring form so far, especially after already having one chalked off. Worth every penny for those three points alone. 

100%

Guest neesy111
Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Absolute donkey first half, better in the 2nd - took his penalty well.

This.