Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The only thing I ask is that whoever's coming in is also a plan B in the way Wood is, but obviously better. I don't really want to see another striker that has similar attributes to Isak or Wilson.

Yeah exactly what I think, don't see us bringing in another striker who is like Isak and Wilson at getting in behind. Can't see an unproven youngster just yet either as will be to much pressure if Isak and Wilson get injured. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see a big, strong hold up striker who's good in the air. 

Whoever we get.. JUST STICK IT IN THE NET MAN.. 

Edited by Scotty66

You have to say good luck to him, like. He certainly tried his best and gave his all for the shirt. He’ll have known it wasn’t going to be forever as well when he signed.

Edited by Smal

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Who plays up front for Arsenal if nketiah gets injured now? Do city have anyone after haaland and Alvarez? Do teams actually need 3 strikers?

No but their wide players can score plenty, apart from Miggy we don't have any goal scorers. 

Edit - so obviously we could be bringing in a goal scoring wide player which would be amazing. 

Edited by Scotty66

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Who plays up front for Arsenal if nketiah gets injured now? Do city have anyone after haaland and Alvarez? Do teams actually need 3 strikers?

When both of your strikers are made of papier-mâché, it behooves to add a third.

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

No but their wide players can score plenty, apart from Miggy we don't have any goal scorers. 

yeah I don’t disagree. I hope we replace him with a goal scoring wide player rather than a 3rd choice striker. 

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

and yet the only regulars who haven’t scored for us this season are Botman and Pope

Good luck to him, did the job needed at the time. Also really pleased he’s agreed to move on.

We simply must have a replacement ready. We can’t rely on Wilson staying fit and we really don’t know what we’ve got with Isak yet.

I think Wood has been involved in all but 1 league game this season? Who is coming in, can’t wait.

Amount of shit he gets from some sections of our fanbase is disgusting tbh. Helped keep us up, worked his arse off in every game. Hope he's a success there and recovers a bit of form without so much pressure on him. Part of our history now as a fairly important part of the team that kept us up and set the stage for the season we're having today.

Wonder if that 90+6 arrival versus Fulham was a wee bit of sentimentality from Howe, giving him a last brief run out at SJP?

Hopefully we bring in a good option to replace him. I'd love a young player who can play up front or wide right which knocks Murphy down the order a place. I always thought if our player trading this January stopped him and Wood getting minutes then we'd be in a better position to attack the second half of the season.

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Amount of shit he gets from some sections of our fanbase is disgusting tbh. Helped keep us up, worked his arse off in every game. Hope he's a success there and recovers a bit of form without so much pressure on him. Part of our history now as a fairly important part of the team that kept us up and set the stage for the season we're having today.

Howe, the coaches, and everyone who joined us in January 22 are heroes in my eyes as they could have all done a runner.