Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Just now, HTT II said:

People were happy we were seemingly going to spend 30-40m on some unknown 21 year old defender from France yet are seemingly unhappy we are spending 20m + on a proven PL CF?

30 year old 3 in 17 this season Chris Wood?

Meh.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Hasn't he been pretty shite this season, which is why Burnley are struggling more than usual? He's also currently injured....

3 goals, Palace, Brentford and Leeds.

Yeah, awesome signing this.

Not that we’re much better but Burnley create nothing. They’re xg for the season was horrendous. 

Edwards is a cunt. He'll be happy to be right again.

Most underwhelming signing I can think of, why the fuck would Burnley sell to a relegation rival, unless he had a secret release clause, the only explanation for us wanting him is to unsettle Burnley, which I don't think it will that much.

Baffled by this one if it goes through.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

These people are the real deal, when they’re prepared to pay upwards of 25 million for a stop gap, it’s pinch yourself time.

They're not finished yet this window either, exciting times.

The flexibility is impressive. I was worried they would just push for all elite signings and end up with nobody in. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Most underwhelming signing I can think of, why the fuck would Burnley sell to a relegation rival, unless he had a secret release clause, the only explanation for us wanting him is to unsettle Burnley, which I don't think it will that much.

He does have a release clause, that’s the whole point :lol:

Just now, mighty__mag said:

It's a release clause

What I don’t understand is us paying 20-25 million for Chris wood but not willing to offer an extra few quid for the likes of Botman etc. If that was the case we just paid required for the quality then nobody would care about the price of Wood.

Just now, Shearergol said:

30 year old 3 in 17 this season Chris Wood?

Meh.

10 or more a season over the last 4 seasons in a Burnley side, he could well get another 7 for us to match that… again it’s not always about the goals, but what a player adds to a team on and off the pitch. We should know that better than most, Rondon, Perez et al were hardly prolific and our record signing couldn’t hit a ball hard never mind score goals!

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Would be peak Newcastle splunking out £25m on Chris Wood while he's got a groin injury and can't play until mid-February like.

If he's injured, then what's the point in signing him? We need someone ready for Saturday to slot straight in.