Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

Perhaps Howe doesn't see Wood leaving as actually a huge dent in the striker department. I've no doubt if Isak and Wilson were both unavailable he'd happily have Joelinton back up top with how much he's improved and how much more confidence he has in his game.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Perhaps Howe doesn't see Wood leaving as actually a huge dent in the striker department. I've no doubt if Isak and Wilson were both unavailable he'd happily have Joelinton back up top with how much he's improved and how much more confidence he has in his game.

Nee chance. Love Joelinton, but he can’t hit a barn door when it counts. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Nee chance. Love Joelinton, but he can’t hit a barn door when it counts. 

Neither can Wood, but Howe still played him there. I'm talking about who he sees now as 3rd choice with Wood leaving and it's Joelinton without a doubt.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Neither can Wood, but Howe still played him there. I'm talking about who he sees now as 3rd choice with Wood leaving and it's Joelinton without a doubt.

I think you’re right, in that he would/could be used in that way. I just think there is close to zero chance, given where we are and where we want to head, that we choose to see out the rest of this season with an injury prone (and yet to find form again) Wilson and a recently returned and still to fully establish himself Isak. It is not who we are anymore. 

Hope he does well. This place got inside his head. He's better than what we've seen in a B&W shirt and I'm sure he'll show more of himself at forest. Hope they stay up, even if it's just for him. 

Good luck.

Letting him go before we have a replacement lined up/in is dangerous from a financial perspective, it weakens our buying position, however I trust the club.

I also agree that for the princely sum of £15m and taking Wood off of us, they can now be called Nottm Forrest.

Thanks Chris, you were a donkey but you did let the ball hit you on the head sometimes. For that I guess I'm grateful for your presence in our Lazurus-esque resurrection in the past 12 months.

Basically way too good a deal to turn down for a player that probably would have left in the summer anyway. Frees up a sqaud place that we now need to fill ideally with a midfielder first and foremost.

Getting £15m back considering his age and recent goalscoring form is a hell of a result tbh.

Wish him well & would definitely rather Forest stop up this season then the likes of Everton, Southampton, West Ham etc.