Chris Wood (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

BeloEmre

11 minutes ago, duo said:

Where's his mask?  No good signing if he gets covid this week. Hopefully old photo.

This tweet in reply is absolutely magnificent (not having a pop or dig at the player, just made me laugh)

Edited by brummie

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

So the only other option is players like Haaland? Wood isn’t reading this board you know. If people go and grief him on his social media (which people have done to other players ) then yeah that’s twattish. People are allowed to not think it’s a good signing. 

The “bet you want haaland/Mbappe” stuff is worse. Nothing wrong with people not thinking he’s good. Not a single person has said they are gonna grief the guy. Tons worse stuff was said about Cantwell. 

This is sorta the thinking I have too. I would want to believe that most of us arnt seeing us going out and getting no Superstriker (TM) - But one must be allowed to write caution about how it will pan out. And everyone has said the same that they hope he will make us eat our words. I want him to fucking smash it and score free and pump us up. But I feel like he wont, and we can all look at goal scoring records all we want and pick out the Woods and other double figure strikers either way. But looking at how he has performed up until now in a team suited for his play and being worried on that fact should not be seen as twattish or deluded. Its observation based on what we get fed. I mean people could go pick out Dennis as an example of someone having a abysimal record outside PL, coming in and doing work etc.

I do understand that we are in desperate need and it is a numbers game, but not being able to question it without being a twat or a deluded guy is a bit OTT.

7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Wood isn’t reading this board you know. 

Why not?!

If I was sat on a train heading to sign for a new club I'd probably be tempted to look on the fans forum of the club I was going to. It's not like forums are top secret.

seems sensible enough, experienced premier league forward with a decent goal record, not been in good form this season which is a concern but given the position and our other options up front (Gayle or Joelinton) he's better than them and it weakens a relegation rival. Have to say were I a Burnley fan I'd be furious at Wood and/or his agent about this 

Just now, Chris_R said:

Why not?!

If I was sat on a train heading to sign for a new club I'd probably be tempted to look on the fans forum of the club I was going to. It's not like forums are top secret.

If i was a professional footballer, I'd steer clear of all forums and social media.

In fact, I probably wouldn't bother getting broadband at all.

It weakens Burnley significantly and Norwich are down. That means we need to scramble above Watford, who we just happen to be playing next and now we actually have a double digit per season striker. Or we can all wet our knickers because it isn't Messi.

Edited by OverThere

1 minute ago, worthy said:

This is sorta the thinking I have too. I would want to believe that most of us arnt seeing us going out and getting no Superstriker (TM) - But one must be allowed to write caution about how it will pan out. And everyone has said the same that they hope he will make us eat our words. I want him to fucking smash it and score free and pump us up. But I feel like he wont, and we can all look at goal scoring records all we want and pick out the Woods and other double figure strikers either way. But looking at how he has performed up until now in a team suited for his play and being worried on that fact should not be seen as twattish or deluded. Its observation based on what we get fed. I mean people could go pick out Dennis as an example of someone having a abysimal record outside PL, coming in and doing work etc.

I do understand that we are in desperate need and it is a numbers game, but not being able to question it without being a twat or a deluded guy is a bit OTT.

You are more than allowed to question shit. This fucking self martyrdom of some is absurd.

Given a straight choice between him now for £25m or the kid from Reims for £30m, I’d take Wood every time. 

He’s not flashy but he knows how to lead a line and he’ll give us a much needed focal point without Wilson. 

He’s by no means a dream signing but he’s a pragmatic one and one I can fully get behind given the situation we are in. 

Edited by Minhosa

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Why not?!

:lol: The difference between elite sports players and the common man, right there. They live in a bubble, man.

Classic case of nominative determinism; PIF takeover has given us Wood.

I'm sticking to what I said when it was first rumoured - I think it's a decent signing based on where we are, and who'd we'd likely get.  Lad is an improvement on what we have.  I don't give a shit about the fee - it isn't my money - but c.20m for a guy that scores double figures in the PL each season is pretty decent value these days in all honesty.  I mean, did we all forget what we paid for Almiron, Joelinton and ASM?  And they struggle to score double figures between them.

He's obviously not a long-term signing.  But if he scores the five or six goals that keep us up, then he's worth every penny.

It's absolutely mad, calling people 'wankers' and it getting likes, when people are expressing rational opinons is absolutely poverty and tone policing the entire forum. Absolute wank post and attitude.

Rational. LOL

Just now, ManDoon said:

It's absolutely mad, calling people 'wankers' and it getting likes, when people are expressing rational opinons is absolutely poverty and tone policing the entire forum. Absolute wank post and attitude.

Have a look at some of the people you are defending, dude. It’s absurd that I have to point this out. As I said before this is eerily similar to the Benitez shit

I sooooooooooooo want him to do well and prove my scepticism wrong I really do.  But I am not going to lie I am completely deflated by this signing - I just think it's a terrible bit of business and he's not the person to get the goals to keep us up.  However, I will be the first person to say that I was wrong should he do just that.

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

Agree with this, but you only have to browse Twitter to see 'OMG from Vlahovic to Wood' or '£30 million extra for Schick, just pay it!!'

I do appreciate it is a bit of a mad platform like.

Self Matrydom? :lol:  'can see why the mackems call our fans wankers'. Wankers for disagreeing about ONE player. Absurd.

Yes. Look at every other damn thread on the football forum. So much faux victimization of oppression. It’s idiotic and certainly beneath everyone ingratiating themselves with it.

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'm starting to see why the mackems think some of our fan base are wankers tbh. We need a striker for this run of games  because, without one we will go down. He is the best we can do at such short notice and actually he is good. He might be 30 but his goal scoring record is excellent in the Premier league. If we don't sign a striker, we go down. We can't sign Haaland or many others as we are 19th in the league. He is the best we can get, in time for this critical run of games. He is a good Premier League striker, you don't get into double figures every season if you are shite. 

Welcome him ffs. It also make Burnley weaker. 

And also fucking praise our owners for understanding the situation and acting. 

Fucking ridiculous some of you. 

Spot on this. We’ve got people turning their noses up at someone who has consistently scored goals in the Premier League when the sum total of our striking options for Saturday is a 19 year old charva from Whitley Bay or no one. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

:lol: The difference between elite sports players and the common man, right there. They live in a bubble, man.

That's such a shit take. There's absolutely no reason professional footballers won't be aware of the forums for the clubs they play for.

They're normal people and generally very tech savvy. They'll know these places exist, it's foolish to think otherwise.

I'm not suggesting any Newcastle players are regulars on here or even post at all, but they'll know the forum is here at the very least and I'd be astonished if none of them at least browse it occasionally.

7 minutes ago, brummie said:

If i was a professional footballer, I'd steer clear of all forums and social media.

In fact, I probably wouldn't bother getting broadband at all.

True, none of them use social media, you're right.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Agree with this, but you only have to browse Twitter to see 'OMG from Vlahovic to Wood' or '£30 million extra for Schick, just pay it!!'

I do appreciate it is a bit of a mad platform like.

Fair enough that, I mean some people are going a bit far in dreaming about what we can get as we stand right now. But we all want the best for us and stay up and if he is the man to lead the line and able to wrangle some players away from 3 marking ASM he will have done the job until Wilson comes back or we nab someone else down the line. If we end up with Wood as the only striker we bring in though, that is something that is very worring. But crossing everything I have for him to just smash it and flip me the bird while scoring against Watford :lol:

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Who? People are allowed dissenting opinions if they wish, the one guy who said ' i hope he breaks his leg' was clearly a Burnely fan and was a nob head. I think calling people wankers for discussion is signing is sad as fuck honestly. Everyone has some opinions that turn out to be wrong, I'm sure i could find loads from the people claiming this very same stuff. Healthy discussion is usually a good thing.

I think You are being a bit ridiculous by saying this. You know full well that there is a lot of panic posting going on. Fantail said, “ I got slated” just today. 

nobody is being oppressed. Your comment of “people are allowed dissenting opinions…” is one that is pulled up time and time again when someone calls someone else it. Every damn time. And it’s not the first you have done it.  You are a great poster, but Have a look, man. Seriously.

Just now, ManDoon said:

They won't be, but regardless I've seen people calling all our players cunts at one time or another. Clark took outrageous stick on here for the crime of simply not being good at football any more.

Luke Edwards IS a cunt though, right? Surely we can unanimously agree on that?