Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

0-2.  Everton will be too strong in attack for us.  We're are going down, too many key positions still need a serious upgrade to stay up (striker, centre midfield and centre back) and now it's too late.   Ashley + Bruced, no new manager bounce and an average transfer window.  Championship winners next year, no doubt, but a year wasted.  Just how I see it and I hope I am completely wrong.

Edited by TorchyTBB

3 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

0-2.  Everton will be too strong in attack for us.  We're are going down, too many key positions still need a serious upgrade to stay up (striker, centre midfield and centre back) and now it's too late.   Ashley + Bruced, no new manager bounce and an average transfer window.  Championship winners next year, no doubt, but a year wasted.  Just how I see it and I hope I am completely wrong.

Going down isn’t a year wasted, it’s two as a best case scenario, more likely three.

Edited by Dr Venkman

I think we could have done better in January but do some people not realise that several teams around us also have "too many key positions still need a serious upgrade"?

We're in a bad situation but I cannot wrap my head around the genuine doom looking at the table now.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The change of manager to anybody awoken something awful in me about this.

Probably make do with a point now and even then its going to be tense torture.

To think a year ago all the interest I had was seeing how low our possession stats would be. Halcion days.

18 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I think we could have done better in January but do some people not realise that several teams around us also have "too many key positions still need a serious upgrade"?

We're in a bad situation but I cannot wrap my head around the genuine doom looking at the table now.

Standard fare for the usual suspects.

28 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I get what you’re saying. I just think there’s nowhere near enough goals in the team to take advantage of the recent quality additions elsewhere on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I get what you’re saying. I just think there’s nowhere near enough goals in the team to take advantage of the recent quality additions elsewhere on the pitch. 

I do too like, if we'd signed Lingard and a forward/winger I'd be massively confident in us staying up. Like it's touch and go at the minute but there's some absolute around us. 

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Out of curiosity, which team around us has more goals in them than us? I wouldn't swap our attacking players for Watfords, Norwichs or Burnleys.

Surely the additions will help us score more goals though? Good quality full backs will provide consistent delivery into the box, having a ball playing centre back and a quality pivot will help move the ball from back to front more effectively, as well as allowing the lads in the middle a bit more freedom. They'll also aid Howe in pushing the whole team further up the pitch. 

Having another attacker would have been nice, but the team needs to be rebalanced so we consistently create more clear cut chances, rather than relying on ASM to pluck something out of thin air.

4 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Out of curiosity, which team around us has more goals in them than us? I wouldn't swap our attacking players for Watfords, Norwichs or Burnleys.

Probbly take Dennis from Watford.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I’d take Sarr to be honest if he was fit, it would be a stretch to say he wasn’t far superior to Fraser.

Edited by Whitley mag