Newcastle United vs. Everton 08/02/2022 @ 7.45pm (BT)

LRD

Just now, Slim said:

Probbly take Dennis from Watford.

Individual players sure there's a few from all teams that could be useful for us, but I was talking about swapping an entire attacking line-up from one of those teams for ours.

Over the last 10 games we are 14th in the form table, gaining 10pts from those 10 games. We have a better squad now then we did for those last 10 so that gives me some hope.

Everton is a big game as a win potentially takes us out of the bottom 3 and that would be a huge confidence boost for everyone.

Just now, Conjo said:

Individual players sure there's a few from all teams that could be useful for us, but I was talking about swapping an entire attacking line-up from one of those teams for ours.

You could maybe make a case for Watford when fully fit and available. Sarr, Joa Pedro, Denis and King is a solid group. but overall i agree, i wouldnt trade our squad for any of relegation rivals

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It would be a tough call between Wood, ASM, Fraser and King, Dennis, Sarr in all honesty. I wouldn't swap ASM for any of them but as a front 3 I'm not sure which is better tbh.

Edited by Mazzy

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

It would be a tough call between Wood, ASM, Fraser and King, Dennis, Sarr in all honesty. I wouldn't swap ASM for any of them but as a front 3 I'm not sure which is better tbh.

It's close, but I'd prefer ours, and in a month we have Wilson back too.

WE NEED 3 POINTS AGAINST THE SCOUSE MACKEMS.

We should also have a lift in the squad... just having clark out of the squad makes me giddy, thinking about bruno comin on in last 30 to fire us home is jizz- tastic?

7 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

We have 2 winnable home games coming up and we have to make the most of it. Can’t keep dropping points at home in these type of games

We need wins, but Villa is a solid team. Everton wont be easy either. Some people think we will dominate the midfield just because of Bruno. Dont think we will dominate any midfield the reminder of the season.

I know this game was supposed to be shown on Amazon, have they now just lost the games that were supposed to have been part of their 'Christmas package'? 

For some reason was under the impression that they'd get to show the games but on the rescheduled date.

7 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I know this game was supposed to be shown on Amazon, have they now just lost the games that were supposed to have been part of their 'Christmas package'? 

For some reason was under the impression that they'd get to show the games but on the rescheduled date.

This isn't the same game. It was the away game that was postponed.

How would people line up for this?

Would go:

Trippier - Schar - Burn - Manquillo

Guimaraes

Joelinton

Willock

Fraser           -         St. Maxi

Wood

Expecting it will be Shelvey and Targett in for manq and either Willock or Joelinton.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

We need wins, but Villa is a solid team. Everton wont be easy either. Some people think we will dominate the midfield just because of Bruno. Dont think we will dominate any midfield the reminder of the season.

One is just above us and one is midtable, if you want to stay up then you should be looking to beat these teams at home. We have miserably failed to do so in previous games against teams of this level at home  and if you keep going down that road, then there is a good chance you're going to be relegated. Didn't even mention Bruno, we should be looking to win both these games even  before he was signed.

Edited by et tu brute

Easier said than done. But we need to start turning some of these close draws into wins. Especially at home. against teams in the bottom half. 

At least we have been in quite a few games under Howe. Just need to hang onto a lead or score more than one goal for a change.