Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

22 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I had the thought today, that I think Almiron is getting quickly forgotten in all of this transfer talk. Bruno might literally be the key for him to finally open his game up in that 10 role.

Is he going to coach him on passing, crossing, shooting and making the right run? Surely he has enough on his hands being our midfield anchor without a role with the management team.

Almiron is like a robot lawnmower on turbo speed mode and amphetamines

2 hours ago, Hank Marvin said:

To the tune of Barry Manilow - Copacabana

His name was Bruno, he was a baller
With yellow shirt upon his chest, 39 was his request
He would tackle & start a counter
And while they tried to stop his pass
They would end up on their ass
Across the crowded pitch, a pass he would stitch
He's young & he's Brazilian
Who could ask for more?

COS HE'S BRUNO, BRUNO GUIMARAES
THE GREATEST MIDFIELDER IN AGES
COS HE'S BRUUUUUNOOOOO
BRUUNOOO GUIMARAESSSSSSSSS
WINNING & PASSION, IS NOW BACK IN FASHION
AT ST JAMES'SSSSSSSSS
WE FELL IN LOVE

Stick to FBI

14 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Another thing I like about those compilations is that it looks like he’s already used to players scuffing chances after he’s beautifully played them through. Perfect.

:lol: 

Will fully admit I knew nothing of this guy at all, not even a FIFA signing. But watching the clips, seeing the hype, man I'm excited. I just hope we have enough to survive this season, and I'm sure Bruno is going to be a massive part of that. I just really want us to kick on next year and start to turn this club into everything we all know it can be.

5 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Will fully admit I knew nothing of this guy at all, not even a FIFA signing. But watching the clips, seeing the hype, man I'm excited. I just hope we have enough to survive this season, and I'm sure Bruno is going to be a massive part of that. I just really want us to kick on next year and start to turn this club into everything we all know it can be.

Yeah i've convinced myself on the back of some others' opinions and some YT scouting, that's he's already our best midfielder in 25 years before he's kicked a ball :lol:

So crucial we stay up this year and he will be a huge part of that effort. The summer window if we stay up will be mad.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

I think it would be wise to temper expectations and excitement at the start, because it will take time for him to adjust to the pace and physicality of our league regardless of how good he is. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think it would be wise to temper expectations and excitement at the start, because it will take time for him to adjust to the pace and physicality of our league regardless of how good he is. 

Not necessarily. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Definitely. Give the lad a chance to unpack at least.

Just now, joeyt said:

I remember Mikel Merino's first few games and he just oozed class straight away

That whole signing was weird as fuck, or rather us just letting him leave not long after making it permanent, was gutted at the time as he looked class.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

That whole signing was weird as fuck, or rather us just letting him leave not long after making it permanent, was gutted at the time as he looked class.

He had a release clause

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

I remember Mikel Merino's first few games and he just oozed class straight away

Yep, I think if he just comes in and plays his natural game, he's going to elevate our midfield massively. It's up to the rest of the team to step up as well and ease his transition and hopefully everyone's level will creep up as well.

Just now, joeyt said:

He had a release clause

Then the club were fucking stupid for inserting one and one so low I imagine. Probably a signing that benefitted agents/Ashley personally the most…