Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

He's just so smart and commanding in the way he deals with every situation, the amount of times yesterday he held off his man before playing a switch to the wing was class, he manages passes that we haven't seen for years, but they also seem the simple choice. Like the ball into Almiron before the disallowed goal, it's was a 10 yard pass into the box, but I've not seen that sort of thing in about a decade.

He's tactically switched on to the game situation too, there moment just before he was subbed off in the 88th minute, where he got the ball on the edge of our box and had men around him, and was being hassled and easily could have gone down to get the free-kick, but instead he managed to get 10 yards further up the pitch before allowing the foul, allowing us to slow the game down with the FK, and mean that should possession transfer, Wolves are deeper then they'd want to be.

Utter dreamboat.

Loved how he was saying “me, really me?” When he got subbed. He wants to play every minute this lad, absolutely loves the game. He’s genuinely got the potential to be world class in his position

He was one of the fastest players recorded yesterday. Can't remember exact numbers but they showed the 3 fastest players after Krafth had to catch up with the wolves winger and Bruno was second place with 30.X km/hr above ASM by 0.2 or so seconds and 0.2 or 0.3 behind Krafth.

He was everywhere yesterday, and I didn't get the feeling he was done when subbed either so not worried one bit about his pace or stamina.

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

Early days. Clearly a talent but worrying that he looks like he’s got the same fitness coach as Cabaye. Looked done after 65-70mins. Will benefit when Wilson returns and better players in general which is obviously not rocket science. Wood has done all that’s been asked of him but clearly doesn’t fit with Bruno’s attacking side. Jury still out, should do well against CP and Leicester. Will be good to see him up against Liverpool and Man City to see how good he really is.

waaaat?! Jury still out?! ? come on man. 

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Loved how he was saying “me, really me?” When he got subbed. He wants to play every minute this lad, absolutely loves the game. He’s genuinely got the potential to be world class in his position

Yeah I was fuming it wasn’t Shelvey going off 

What I love about him is his attitude and how he is all in and embracing the club and the city. Instead of the bitching and moaning about living in the 'wastelands' of the North East that we are so used to, he has the passion of a young lad who bleeds black and white from Wallsend or Walker or somewhere. It is so refreshing. He is tailor made for our club.

2 hours ago, Elliottman said:

waaaat?! Jury still out?! ? come on man. 

I never rush to judge a player. Says more about people on here quoting me taking what I’m saying as negative. It’s balanced. I know we don’t do much of it on here ? 

I’ve said he’s clear a talent but let’s see him against the big boys in the league. Can’t take little mini breathers like he did last night like you can in France or when playing for Brazil.

Which mini breathers, though? His heat map seems to go against what you are saying and I don’t get it? 

He was regularly supporting attacks, pressing high and also appearing behind Krafth to help out defensively. 

Thought it was hell of a shift, personally. Even ignoring how good he was on the ball. 

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I never rush to judge a player. Says more about people on here quoting me taking what I’m saying as negative. It’s balanced. I know we don’t do much of it on here ? 

I’ve said he’s clear a talent but let’s see him against the big boys in the league. Can’t take little mini breathers like he did last night like you can in France or when playing for Brazil.

This is so true :lol: You can only be one or the other. There are only ever two extreme answers available.

14 hours ago, Manxst said:

Still feel the same way re: his speed? 

Yes. His direct opponent is 35 years old and the old man hung on in there physically. 

I loved Bruno’s pass and surge into midfield that lead to the ASM cross I think. I love that he wanted to break lines and penetrate. He’s not Granit Xhaka but he’s not exactly athletic either. I think a 25 year old Moutinho easily tracks the run and nullifies the attack. 

But he looks up for the fight off the ball. And showed quality on the ball. I’m not suggesting he’s Shelvey physicaly. But I do think we need greater athleticism in each department on the pitch. 

He also needs more ballers around him. You can tell he wants to pass and move but Almiron, Krafth, Shelvey aren’t those types of players.  There’s not enough ‘football’ around him.  

Edited by The College Dropout

59 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This is so true :lol: You can only be one or the other. There are only ever two extreme answers available.

It’s usually result dependent. The internet does seem to deal in extremes and nuance is dead. 

No issue with a bit of balance. I am genuinely interested for LFEE to elaborate on the fitness point and him taking breathers though. As I must be missing something. I was actually surprised at his engine and how hard he worked the whole time he was on. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Physically I’d compare him to Cabaye. Good engine. Gets about the pitch. But he’s not the prototypical Klopp midfielder. More Thiago in style than the others that are all A1 physically.  

I agree. Possibly a fraction more than Cabaye even as slightly quicker around the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It’s usually result dependent. The internet does seem to deal in extremes and nuance is dead. 

No issue with a bit of balance. I am genuinely interested for LFEE to elaborate on the fitness point and him taking breathers though. As I must be missing something. I was actually surprised at his engine and how hard he worked the whole time he was on. 

Were you at the game or watching on TV?

The only aspect of his game I'd suggest is a bit average or even below average is that his shots seem to lack power, even a couple of his crosses seemed to take a lot of effort (though one still led to a chance for ASM)

However the above doesn't affect what he's in the team for and I can't wait until we have a top striker and RW to see the best of him 

Guest HTT II

Give me a player with a quick brain and quick feet over a player who is quick, not that he is slow mind… He will be fine and has tonnes of mobility, his heat map shows that. He got caught once and will need to learn that in the PL, you don’t get much time on the ball, but conversely whenever he was closed down quickly, his ability to shield the ball, use his low centre of balance allied with his quick feet, quick thought process and his skill, he played the ball to others or got out of trouble. 

Phillips feels like a good style of partner for him, if he's still the same player after his injuries.

When we initially signed Bruno, I saw him taking the Shelvey role, but I think that's a waste of his talents. His style of game feels very well suited to the league as a midfielder with license to roam. I can see why he might have been frustrated by the style of French football.