Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

43 minutes ago, wormy said:

I may be misremembering but wasn't a lot of that on Pardew? I swear I recall him trying to make him a bit of a jack of all rather than leaving him to what he did best.

He bigged him up, but then didn't really allow his teams to play football anyway. The term hoofball was invented during Pardew's era let's not forget. Tiote wasn't brilliant, but when he was actually in a team which had proper footballers around him like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse etc, he had an outstanding season.

I seem to remember Pardew saying he wanted Tiote to be ‘our Essien’ or words to that effect. He was an absolute boss as an out and out DM and keeping it simple. Shock that Pardew didn’t notice this and get the best out of him. 

18 hours ago, jack j said:

Sort ya head out

What the fuck ya on about? Fucking shite pass from tonali putting him under pressure.

Im talking about all the needless snide tackles he does when unnecessary, leading to pointless yellow cards. Only a matter if time until he gets 2 yellows and a red. That's what Im on about jack j.

Well according to the Liverpool Echo, the  clause makes it easy for them to buy Bruno now whereas before there was not much they could do when Newcastle said he was not for sale.

Having proved they were willing to spend £100m+ on Caicedo and having plenty of money left from last Summer’s transfer business plus the fact they pay higher wages, they are of the opinion if Liverpool still want him they will get him.

15 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Well according to the Liverpool Echo, the  clause makes it easy for them to buy Bruno now whereas before there was not much they could do when Newcastle said he was not for sale.

Having proved they were willing to spend £100m+ on Caicedo and having plenty of money left from last Summer’s transfer business plus the fact they pay higher wages, they are of the opinion if Liverpool still want him they will get him.

??  Not a chance he goes to the dippers! It’s us or Real. He’s in love with us. He has roots down now with his family. He is living his dream. We are the club that would be too hard to leave because of the ♥️ factor. It’s a thing ? We are growing, he’s growing with us. I’ll just enjoy the crazy impassioned loon “ balling” it for us. 

21 minutes ago, Wallace said:

That rag is obsessed with us since the takeover, only one club Bruno leave’s us for and that’s Real Madrid in my opinion.

Think it’ll take the scousers a couple of more seasons to fully sink in that times have changed.

Edited by Whitley mag

11 hours ago, Wallace said:

That club and paper are such hypocrites. If they fucking hate our oil money so much, why would they want to buy a player that willingly came here and bought into us so much, fell in love with us. Their morals are so disjointed it's unbelievable. I can't quite believe the audacity of it TBH. 

26 minutes ago, Lish007 said:

That club and paper are such hypocrites. If they fucking hate our oil money so much, why would they want to buy a player that willingly came here and bought into us so much, fell in love with us. Their morals are so disjointed it's unbelievable. I can't quite believe the audacity of it TBH. 

Would be funny to see what they would say if Qatar bought them.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, TBG said:

As an owner of several questionable tattoos, he really needs to slow down on the collection of questionable tattoos. 

I don’t have any tattoos, part of it is due to thoughts about whether I’d question it in years to come and part of it is a personal aesthetic thing. For you, is it just that you question the designs or the association of the design to a thing from the past? Or just something else entirely?

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I don’t have any tattoos, part of it is due to thoughts about whether I’d question it in years to come and part of it is a personal aesthetic thing. For you, is it just that you question the designs or the association of the design to a thing from the past? Or just something else entirely?

Not that I necessarily now do, but when I first start getting tattooed there wasn't much thought behind them.

I've certainly got tattoos that do have meaning behind them, but I'm not a believer in tattoos needing to have a meaning, so back then I was very much 'I like the look of that. I'll get that', which was a mindset I had to cover an entire arm. 

Time goes by, and I certainly don't regret them, but I felt like I outgrew them which is a hard thing to try and explain in writing. 

Like if I could start over, or give advice to someone wanting to get tattooed, it would be to try and somewhat plan out what you want to get. Yes (and I say this as someone who has blacked out their entire arm) cover ups are possible, but it's so much easier getting it right the first time. 

Edited by TBG

The release clause thing is bollocks anyway as all it means is that a club must bid that amount to even get to the table. Once there, NUFC can still tell everyone to jog on if they want to keep a player who is happy here. Only if that player wanted to leave would it be an issue. Meeting the release clause price just means that talks *might* happen.

Just now, Wandy said:

The release clause thing is bollocks anyway as all it means is that a club must bid that amount to even get to the table. Once there, NUFC can still tell everyone to jog on if they want to keep a player who is happy here. Only if that player wanted to leave would it be an issue. Meeting the release clause price just means that talks *might* happen.

Aye, you'd imagine an interested club would approach Bruno's entourage first to see if they're wasting their time.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Aye, you'd imagine an interested club would approach Bruno's entourage first to see if they're wasting their time.

Yep, if Bruno wants to leave at some point then it will happen because there is no point in hanging on to an unhappy player. The clause just means that we get a price we are comfortable with.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

No they can't. Bruno can tell them to jog on, but in all likelihood, conversations will have been had between parties already

Edited by The College Dropout

Just now, The College Dropout said:

No they can't. If it's been exercised, it's 99% likely that Bruno G has given the thumbs up.

Unless we've done some funny buggers with the wording.

If it's been triggered but Bruno doesnt want to leave, then NUFC can simply say nope. Simple as that  

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If it's been triggered but Bruno doesnt want to leave, then NUFC can simply say nope. Simple as that  

It won’t be triggered unless it’s cleared by Bruno first. That’s how transfers work now, everything is agreed with the player then a bid goes in.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

It won’t be triggered unless it’s cleared by Bruno first. That’s how transfers work now, everything is agreed with the player then a bid goes in.

Yep.

The clause is there to make sure the selling club gets a price they like, and also to provide an unhappy player with a quick getaway if they have an exit plan in place. Its not there to allow a buyer free roam to poach a player and leave the seller with no power to stop it.

On 10/10/2023 at 15:50, Lish007 said:

The easier question is: If they hate the oil money so much, why would they except any of it, never mind the incoming 200mill for Salah and spend it on their team?

Not one of the ‘principled’ cunts can answer that.