Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

The one thing that i dislike about him is he tendency to overplay sometimes, its part of his game but if teams press him correctly it could be disastrous for us,  he lost it at 1-1 today and it could've costed us the game but they missed it.

:clap::clap::clap::icon_salut:

The Brazilian starred for Eddie Howe's side across all three fixtures, helping the Magpies to an unbeaten start in the Premier League in addition to securing league cup progression.

A driving force in the heart of midfield, an impressive month saw the 26-year-old top the club's Premier League player rankings for completed passes (100), touches (154) and tackles (10).

The fan favourite has since credited the honour of captaining the team as a factor for his early season form, after being handed the armband ahead of the opening day victory against Southampton.

"It's a big responsibility - the club has supported me so much since joining, so it's my time to give back," Guimarães commented.

"When I moved here, I couldn't even say ‘hello’ in English. To be in a leadership position now means a lot to me. We've started the season well so I'm very happy so far."

The Rio-born playmaker took the opportunity to thank fans for the role they have already played this season, while pinpointing the support against the Saints as his highlight of the month.

"I think the way they helped us against Southampton was very special for me during the first game of the season," he said.

"The fans understood that we needed them and they made it feel like 11-v-11 after the red card. I'm sure we have the best supporters in England, there's no doubt about it."

Collecting the award, which is voted for by fans, Bruno reiterated the team's determination to repay supporters by contributing to a "special" campaign.

"My hope for the rest of the season is to get European football again and finally win a trophy. To become the player that I want to be - a legend for this club - I need to try to win something," he added.

"It's been a long time for the fans without a trophy. We have a good squad and great staff, so it's time to think big and realise that we can do something special this season."

Edited by PauloGeordio

5 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The one thing that i dislike about him is he tendency to overplay sometimes, its part of his game but if teams press him correctly it could be disastrous for us,  he lost it at 1-1 today and it could've costed us the game but they missed it.

That's also what makes him so special and even unique. I'm not going to blame him when he occasionally loses it. When he gets past that man like he usually does we are in a very good position to attack.

7 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

he went through a couple game patch early in last season where he seemed to be hanging on too long and slow decision making, and quickly changed it around. unsure if it’s fitness / sharpness at times, but regardless he’s fucking class. when he’s on his game - absolutely untouchable 

Image.thumb.jpeg.34e14e46a946f03244b8b305e6c81360.jpeg

Newcastle United midfielder Bruno Guimaraes has posted a lengthy message after seeing Brazil teammate Pedro Guilherme suffer a serious knee injury.

Taking to Instagram, Guimaraes wrote: “Brother!! No words to describe how sad I am for your injury. I know what the Brazilian national team means to you. Since we were little we always dreamed of it and I know your struggle and your daily delivery to make it possible. 

“As you always say, God knows all things. And really he knows. Lots of faith, focus and work on your recovery!! You're going to come back stronger than ever and I have no doubt about it. You know what you need you can count on me brother”

“Like I told you, use this time to take care of your family, your princesses, the greatest blessing that God could have given you. I love you and count on me until the end. 🙏🏽

Some guy 🖤🤍

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

None of them are above him.

Exactly my thoughts aswell, that's why I included all of them in the screenshot. MacAllister is underrated imo, but not better than Bruno G..

Edited by Erikse

Alexis and Bruno G are fairly easy to compare and a very similar level. Not sure who’s better. Bruno F is a completely different player and sadly is exceptionally good. Szob is different again but clearly nowhere near the level of the other three