Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Which ironically, judging by some people

on here and on social media (yes, yes. I know, I know). Plenty of fans fit the bill here. 

A few sub-par performances, some players a bit out of form and some reverting back to their base level and they’re all worse than shite. 

People have quickly forgotten the dark days and want it all straight away, it seems. 

This is what I was getting at when I said 'some people would do well to remember the quote'

7 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

If we had quality replacements in before we sold him - maybe aye.

But to Saudi or another foreign club. Not a PL rival. And in 2025 at the earliest for whatever the big fees are of that time.

Would have felt a real sense of loss (ala Andy Cole levels, if not more) but we might have had Szoboszlai (forever “It’s-a-boss-lie,” said in Scouse accent in my head) plus one or two more first teamers if it had happened 🤷‍♂️

On 11/09/2023 at 16:20, prefabtoon said:

Shows Bruno wants out if his advisors have inserted a 100mil release clause in his contract.

It's not that unreasonable. The only clubs who could afford that sort of release clause could probably pay him twice as much anyway. Hardly amounts to him wanting out.

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Funnily enough I think he’ll put a MOTM shift vs Brentford.  He’ll have a point to prove.  

Coming off confidence boosting international games, where pretty much everything came off for him, I think he’ll feel like a wolf amongst sheep. 

19 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Coming off confidence boosting international games, where pretty much everything came off for him, I think he’ll feel like a wolf amongst sheep. 

Eh, was very sloppy and had a rather average game against Peru. Not sure that is confidence boosting.

On 12/09/2023 at 15:42, TheBrownBottle said:

I never liked that mantra, and it doesn’t speak for all of us.

Mainly because it is utter bollocks - a team of triers losing every week would not be a popular one on Tyneside. 

Thank you - such a banal and basic worldview that gets used to bash anybody over the head for thinking differently or wanting more.

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Eh, was very sloppy and had a rather average game against Peru. Not sure that is confidence boosting.

What's the view in Brazil? Is his reputation growing despite the odd poor game or is the jury still out?

23 hours ago, Erikse said:

I remember they were not too happy with him after some mistakes in the World Cup. I believe he missed a couple of big chances by a mile.

That's what made me ask the question. I remember at the time he was sill trying to justify a starting position in the Brizil first team so was just wondering if he's nailed down his spot yet.