Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

17 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Prime Tiote was much better than Bruno, as was Batty who was massively underrated. No fucking way would relegation threatened Luton and Forest run through the centre of our midfield with them playing. 

We will know the answer in the next 12 months or so. If Bruno moves to Barcelona or whoever and kicks on then I'm wrong. If he doesn't then....

image.thumb.jpeg.66df01812265a25ff5d88a94a674a400.jpeg

37 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Cant see him making a traditional top 4 PL team; Manchester x2, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal. certainly not based on this season's performances particularly away from home as things stand. But bizarre things happen in football. Say Liverpool sell Salah to SA for £200m, or Arsenal with Rice then who knows what happens then?

I never ever said he was shit. Just not as good as some people make out. I dont follow international football but does his mate from West Ham still get a game before Bruno. He's a very important player for us and been a fabulous signing but not beyond criticism. 

He's not as good as Lee, Batty, Speed, Tiote and maybe Cabae. 

Fucking hell.  :jones:

29 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Prime Tiote was much better than Bruno, as was Batty who was massively underrated. No fucking way would relegation threatened Luton and Forest run through the centre of our midfield with them playing. 

We will know the answer in the next 12 months or so. If Bruno moves to Barcelona or whoever and kicks on then I'm wrong. If he doesn't then....

we got relegated with Tiote and Batty lost 1-2 at home to Forest in 97. 

47 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Cant see him making a traditional top 4 PL team; Manchester x2, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal. certainly not based on this season's performances particularly away from home as things stand. But bizarre things happen in football. Say Liverpool sell Salah to SA for £200m, or Arsenal with Rice then who knows what happens then?

I never ever said he was shit. Just not as good as some people make out. I dont follow international football but does his mate from West Ham still get a game before Bruno. He's a very important player for us and been a fabulous signing but not beyond criticism. 

He's not as good as Lee, Batty, Speed, Tiote and maybe Cabae. 

Not as good as Speed and Tiote?  Dear me.

Technique-wise, Cabaye is more debatable.  He’s clearly a better footballer than Lee, but Lee was superb for us for a lot of his time here. 

1 hour ago, 500bhp said:

Prime Tiote much better? Dear me. Bedwetting on here is out of hand.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I've read some rubbish on here over the years. This is right up there.

Time will tell. As I said above if he is a Madrid/Barca/Man City/etc regular in 6-18 months I'll admit I was wrong 😁👍

I've watched him since he signed and in my opinion he peaked in his first 25 games or so. Not been the same since his ankle injury. Maybe it's as simple as he needs his own Tiote next to him to do the tackling and break up play that he cant do. 

He's our main midfielder and we've been soft as shite all season in centre midfield teams running through us. Brighton, Wolves, Everton, Spurs, Luton and now Forest. I'll ignore Bournemouth as Bruno didn't play. 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Gibbs-White stuck very close to him today and in possession Bruno was out paced by him. Bruno needed Longstaff to help him out and unfortunately Longstaff was way off the pace today.

Bruno was nowhere near him defensively which is worse. MGW won that battle easily and it was a massive reason for the L. 

15 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

Time will tell. As I said above if he is a Madrid/Barca/Man City/etc regular in 6-18 months I'll admit I was wrong 😁👍

I've watched him since he signed and in my opinion he peaked in his first 25 games or so. Not been the same since his ankle injury. Maybe it's as simple as he needs his own Tiote next to him to do the tackling and break up play that he cant do. 

He's our main midfielder and we've been soft as shite all season in centre midfield teams running through us. Brighton, Wolves, Everton, Spurs, Luton and now Forest. I'll ignore Bournemouth as Bruno didn't play. 

After he signed the new contract hes been massive for us. After the Manu game he faded like everyone else. We are nothing without Bruno..nothing. He dominated the midfield against Manu and Chelsea not long ago, and I dont want to think how the Fulham game would have gone without him.

Watching MOTD

For the MGW chance after HT he’s closest to MGW and his natural marker and makes no attempt to track him.  

For the second goal he just watches as Elanga runs past him and through the midfield. 

It’s awful from him and Eddie. They were waltzing through the midfield in the first half and it got worse in the second. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

They were waltzing through the midfield

Been the general feel for most of the recent games tbh. We just get ran through by every team. Depressing as fuck when it's the likes of Luton, let alone Forest

He’s not a defensive mid imo. I think we’re desperate for one so that he can move into one of the advanced midfield positions. 

Has he always been this slow? Feel like i’ve never noticed it until this season but it looks like he’s barely moving when at full pelt. 

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

He’s not a defensive mid imo. I think we’re desperate for one so that he can move into one of the advanced midfield positions. 

Has he always been this slow? Feel like i’ve never noticed it until this season but it looks like he’s barely moving when at full pelt. 

No, he’s never been quick.  He’s got a good ‘engine’, but he’s not fast.

I’d also like to see him pushed further forward again.  I’d like to see someone like Kalvin Phillips come in, and allow Bruno to be further forward / rested from time to time.