Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

13 hours ago, midds said:

It'll be nice to see him be able to play for the rest of the season with his normal edge. He's been brilliant to avoid the booking but I think his game has suffered a little as a result of him being on his best behaviour. He's always going to play on the limits of things given his position but he gets an extra 10% when he can push things a bit. This works in our favour massively as we still have 4 aways to play

Have to disagree. I feel the threat of a card has lead to his best form. Playing with his head over heart with controlled emotions and ultimately not getting caught ahead of the play as much.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Have to disagree. I feel the threat of a card has lead to his best form. Playing with his head over heart with controlled emotions and ultimately not getting caught ahead of the play as much.

Agree with this. Obviously the freedom to give away the odd tactical foul is a good tool to have but he's still been aggressive but more controlled.

He's just so fucking good.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

It's a good point :thup:

I just like a bit of shithousing tbh

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Even though the game was gone those Argy twats were trying to wind him so he got a card. 

When his number went up on the board my first thought was how typically NUFC it would have been for him to pick up a yellow for walking off the pitch too slowly. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

When his number went up on the board my first thought was how typically NUFC it would have been for him to pick up a yellow for walking off the pitch too slowly. :lol:

Me too.

IMG_1832.webp.93cfcab52a53a13122b411c0937e7f40.webp

Bruno Guimaraes drops new Newcastle hint during interview with Brazilian media

April 14, 2024 Andrew Reynolds

In an interview with Globo Esporte , Bruno Guimaraes has claimed that he is ‘100%’ focused on Newcastle, happy on Tyneside and determined to get us back into Europe next season.

There have been many questions about his future ahead of the summer window, but the midfielder is only thinking about one club and reaffirmed just how happy he and his family are in the North East.

The Brazilian international very recently made his 100th appearance for the club and was ‘very happy’ to have achieved such a huge milestone in the English game, hinting that there’s also ‘many more to come.’

“I have no thoughts of the future. The present holds 100% of my attention”, he said. “I’m very focused on that, on maintaining this dream of the club qualifying for a European competition. I’m happy and I’m happy here. And that’s what I’ve dedicated myself to 100% since I signed for the club.”

“I think every player dreams of playing in the Premier League, and to be completing 100 games for an English team is undoubtedly something that makes me very happy, very fulfilled. There are many more to come, but this milestone is very important.”

On the injuries, Bruno added: “There are a lot of injuries, punishments for some players, surgeries for some of them… it’s the season I’ve been playing the most. I’ve only missed one match. It’s a different season, I’d say. But I still think we can end it in the best possible way, by winning a place in the Conference League, or the Europa League, or maybe the Champions League, however difficult it may be. But I think we have to get the club into Europe again.”

While it’s definitely a possibility that the 26-year-old could be moved on in the summer, his passion for the club and desire to succeed in black and white is clear for all to see.

🖤🤍

If he goes I think that’d be us needing to sell for FFP should a huge offer come in. He’s got a young family, knows he’s loved and has a genuine relationship with the players and management.

I can’t see him pushing for a move. My tip off about Big Jo signing his extension came via Bruno (I’ve a non football, very occasional, but cast iron link). I’m told Bruno seemed made up about Jo ‘s contract so it’d be a bit of surprise if he then pushed for a move himself. 

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

If he goes I think that’d be us needing to sell for FFP should a huge offer come in. He’s got a young family, knows he’s loved and has a genuine relationship with the players and management.

I can’t see him pushing for a move. My tip off about Big Jo signing his extension came via Bruno (I’ve a non football, very occasional, but cast iron link). I’m told Bruno seemed made up about Jo ‘s contract so it’d be a bit of surprise if he then pushed for a move himself. 

He won’t, not for the foreseeable. Let’s enjoy him for at least next season :indi:

18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Kind of see Joe committing as a good sign too, though has to be said he has a release clause that's decent chunk but may be entirely Bruno's call on it, intentions of the club make little difference. I do think if real madrid pay the release clause he'll see it as possibly his only chance so hard to turn down. More likely they will try and unsettle in and get him for half it though and we can stand firm on that.

He is of the Kompany, Aguero, David Silva, De Bruyne, Yaya Toure ilk, in terms the spine and heart and soul of the new NUFC. 

Isak = Aguero

Bruno = De Bruyne

Botman = Kompany

Joelinton = Yaya Toure

Gordon = David Silva? 

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

🤩

Hilarious how many steps ahead of the defender Isak is before that ball gets played. The xG was 0.99 the moment Bruno won possession. 

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

What a beautiful goal. Timing of it and a Bruno yellow like icing on a beautiful cake! 

Thank fuck the ref let us play on. So many to choose from but one of my favourite goals! The ground Bruno covered, the crown sucking him into the net. Ando commentary. It’s what it’s all about! 

I bet the whole squad knew there was no way we were getting relegated that season the moment they saw Bruno on the training pitch. A class above man.

2 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Thank fuck the ref let us play on. So many to choose from but one of my favourite goals! The ground Bruno covered, the crown sucking him into the net. Ando commentary. It’s what it’s all about! 

Plus Bruno saying after that is the first time he's ever scored a header, even as a kid [emoji38]