Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

7 minutes ago, kenlau88210 said:

cant have it all i suppose...he is skillful and very composed on the ball but really is lacking athleticism. Faster players can run past him like nothing

Faster players do usually run past players that aren't as fast as them TBF. 

6 minutes ago, kenlau88210 said:

cant have it all i suppose...he is skillful and very composed on the ball but really is lacking athleticism. Faster players can run past him like nothing

I'm not so sure. Lets see what he looks like after a full pre-season and a fresh start next season.

Last season I thought Thiago at Liverpool looked way off the pace, and was a really poor addition for them by Klopp, as he wouldn't be able to play with the same energy needed for the high tempo style of Liverpool. Complete different story this season for them with a full pre season of preparation.

I think we'll see the same kind of improvement and adjustment for Bruno athletically. He's already shown the quality, and physically I think he'll just get better and better.

Was our best player today but was always going to struggle to dictate the tempo of the game against Liverpool. Retained the ball well under pressure and probably played the most passes on our team.

These were his comments after the match:

"It was a difficult game, we know Liverpool are on another level. "But we tried our best."

"In my opinion we expected a lot more. We did not play well with the ball, it was difficult. What I can say to you was that Liverpool were another level. We have to work to get to that level. "We have to work more and try to play with more of the ball."

"We have to try to work with the space and get in behind, we didn't do it. We did not deserve the win today. We still have confidence. Today was difficult but we tried to have the opportunities.

But we didn't deserve to win today. That is what is clear to me."

I really appreciate the honesty and self-awareness in those comments. He knows they weren't good enough but he's also still confident in improving. Class attitude.

10 hours ago, kenlau88210 said:

Surprised Joeyt didn't have an opinion on this tbh. But not really.

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

Spends too much time on social media this guy. Fine now but when we go through a bad patch it will turn sour.

Strange thing to be thinking about at all tbh. 

40 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Spends too much time on social media this guy. Fine now but when we go through a bad patch it will turn sour.

Well, someone does.

I don't think it's Bruno himself.

54 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Yes, I'm sure the likes of Souness and Keane will be right on him. Because having someone manager your social media, or dyeing your hair a funny colour is clearly directly tied to your performance in training/on the pitch....