Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Was thinking about this yesterday, he actually does have a really odd style when he passes, I know exactly what you mean, it was evident on the through ball. It gets him the perfect weight, it’s almost like he hits it like a snooker shot where they kill the white ball. Hard to explain but I know what you mean.

Yeah thought that re the snooker ball, he puts back spin on it. Just watched the Match of the day highlights. His passing is unreal and pinpoint accurate. Thank God we can enjoy him in our team 

onwards and upwards :indi:

I think he gets his head and body too far over the ball so it looks like he's digging the ball out behind him, a bit like a golfer wedging it.

But it works great so it's not a criticism just an observation

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think he gets his head and body too far over the ball so it looks like he's digging the ball out behind him, a bit like a golfer wedging it.

But it works great so it's not a criticism just an observation

👍🏻 Guy plays, snooker, golf, dinkball. His fucking talents are endless 😆😎

Edited by PauloGeordio

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Thought it was quite interesting he said himself he wasn’t very good at football when he first played, not often you hear that from a pro. Most are good from the start 

Aye. I’m still no good but that’s given me a lot of hope. Can still make it!

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Was thinking about this yesterday, he actually does have a really odd style when he passes, I know exactly what you mean, it was evident on the through ball. It gets him the perfect weight, it’s almost like he hits it like a snooker shot where they kill the white ball. Hard to explain but I know what you mean.

I actually described him yesterday as playing football like he is playing snooker. He kind of pushes through on the ball like he is cueing. Plus the fact he has the angles and the weight spot on most the time. His safety game would be impeccable. 

Yeah he puts back spin on his through balls, in order for it slow up for the guy running onto it.

A great example is his assist for Miggy. He cut the ball in half, on the volley. Beautiful, beautiful man.

Watching the highlights again and it’s really noticeable that we had lots of willing forward runners yesterday; especially when Bruno gets on the ball. We really lacked this for a long time and just relied on Wilson and ASM instead.

I think Willock is a must for us at the moment. The one who needs upgrading is Longstaff, but you can just play Joelinton there when Wilson is back. Bruno at the base of midfield in a high press makes so much sense. There’s no need for Shelvey to be a starter at all. He can be a decent rotation option.

Edited by Smal

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah he puts back spin on his through balls, in order for it slow up for the guy running onto it.

A great example is his assist for Miggy. He cut the ball in half, on the volley. Beautiful, beautiful man.

i dont remember against who but he made an absolutely ridiculous through ball too Miggy in one of his first games. It looked way too heavy but ended up absolutely perfect because of the slight backspin in the end. It was a long one too which Miggy reached just before it went out. 

I find it gobsmacking how great his passes are. Even the longer over the top ones. Very difficult to make and even more insane that I don’t remember one of them going wrong. Some of them have been quite advanced too. He did one to Ritchie with the outside of his foot against Norwich. A quicker player there and he would have been through. Love how he tries to make little one two’s at times too. A flick forward and then a run looking to receive it. Hasn’t always got the pass back but lovely to see. Just like the rest of you, I absolutely adore him and can’t stop looking at every detail when he is on the pitch. 

10 hours ago, dave s said:

just noticed this blokes comment aged well on the magic hat chant suggestion haha 

I'm not one for interacting on Twitter but I'm really close to bookmarking this one for potential later ridicule. :lol:

6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Seems a fair comment, have you not been watching?

I have supported NUFC for a long time so obviously wouldn't mind looking silly in a few years time and him becoming "the greatest player ever to play the game" :)

1 hour ago, STM said:

That pass in slow motion is unreal.

I thought Bruno was a top class defensive midfielder when we signed him. I am happy to say I was wrong on that. He is far better than that. He can play any role in midfield. He played Shelvey's quarter back role on Saturday superbly. His goal was just top class

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I know we’re rich, but how we got him in the predicament we’re in is outrageous. Wait until players look at us freshly during the summer as a team who’ve finished mid-table with that money knocking about.

Massive credit to Bruno as well. He took a massive leap of faith which I’m sure everyone was advising him against (moving to relegation candidate must have been a big no no to his circle). 

Not only does he have balls of steel he’s the epitome of a baller as well. 

Its still mental we've signed this guy when we looked like we're destined for the drop, he could've easily signed for other clubs in the summer too.

I can't fucking wait till next season starts.

7 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Massive credit to Bruno as well. He took a massive leap of faith which I’m sure everyone was advising him against (moving to relegation candidate must have been a big no no to his circle). 

Not only does he have balls of steel he’s the epitome of a baller as well. 

He also did it in a world cup year whilst being a regular international for a country with an outside chance of winning it.

He might have touched on it in previous interviews but I can't remember, but I'd love a piece with him after the season end with his reasoning for joining nufc.

Ok we had new owners with supposed huge wealth, but the club was still pretty toxic and was circling the plug hole of the PL and with a manager that maybe not everyone was blown away by (high profile rejection from Emery didn't help this like).

He either backed himself very highly to alter our fortunes, was sold an unreal dream by owners or maybe even impressed by Howe?.

Either way I'd love to hear about it, and I'm sure we will get some of these pieces in summer.

4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

He might have touched on it in previous interviews but I can't remember, but I'd love a piece with him after the season end with his reasoning for joining nufc.

Ok we had new owners with supposed huge wealth, but the club was still pretty toxic and was circling the plug hole of the PL and with a manager that maybe not everyone was blown away by (high profile rejection from Emery didn't help this like).

He either backed himself very highly to alter our fortunes, was sold an unreal dream by owners or maybe even impressed by Howe?.

Either way I'd love to hear about it, and I'm sure we will get some of these pieces in summer.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60293289.amp

he’s done a few pieces about why- basically says he expects us (after hearing plans from the owners) to be getting CL qualification soon, and in future seasons, to win the CL.

Edited by Manxst