Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Guest HTT II

Anyone think he might flop now?

I’m actually amazed how good his, add 3-4 players of his quality and we will be in serious contention for a European place next season.

10 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

I love that thing he does where we're under pressure, he'll get the ball on the edge of our box, nip past an opposition player and draw the foul. 

He does it so often, he'd so good at it, its class.

Guest HTT II

I love how the ball just gravitates to him rather than the other way round. Whoever scouted him, fucking kudos!

Cabaye had been my favourite midfielder since the likes of Speed and Lee. Bruno is rapidly climbing that ladder, and I seriously think he'll eclipse my love for Cabaye next season. Just have such a good feeling about Bruno, can picture him lifting a trophy with us very soon.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I love how the ball just gravitates to him rather than the other way round. Whoever scouted him, fucking kudos!

His off ball movement is amazing. He is always looking for space to take up, and even if it's tight he doesn't care, he wants the ball. He always is comfortable receiving it and is thinking ahead for his next pass. He's a joy to watch. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, hakka said:

His off ball movement is amazing. He is always looking for space to take up, and even if it's tight he doesn't care, he wants the ball. He always is comfortable receiving it and is thinking ahead for his next pass. He's a joy to watch. 

That’s because he’s just technically fucking mint on the ball, you need pace, physicality, mobility etc. sometimes but if you can just control that ball, that’s mostly what’s needed and he can control a ball and that’s with it at his feet, getting it, passing it short or long, quickly or slowly or hard or soft. What a player we have here!

He really is like many midfielders rolled into one. And he's good-to-very-good at pretty much everything. I still think he's best suited to us playing alongside someone a bit deeper and more naturally defensive, but he showed last night how well he can mix it up playing in that role too.

I absolutely love watching him play football - he's just different to a lot of what you see now.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

That’s because he’s just technically fucking mint on the ball, you need pace, physicality, mobility etc. sometimes but if you can just control that ball, that’s mostly what’s needed and he can control a ball and that’s with it at his feet, getting it, passing it short or long, quickly or slowly or hard or soft. What a player we have here!

The ball sticks to his feet like a magnet, and I love how he can be surrounded by opponents biting at his ankles, and he just holds them off and takes his own sweet time before picking out the perfect pass.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

He makes himself available which helps unlike some players hiding between the ball and opposition player.

His fbref report for the PL per 90 is just ludicrous. 

https://fbref.com/en/players/82518f62/scout/11160/Bruno-Guimaraes-Scouting-Report

Most tackles per 90 and I think second only to De Bruyne on goals at the same time. You can pretty much ignore his passing stats because we cede possession most games and those metrics obviously favour possession massively. Even then he's one of the best for passes under pressure and well up there on xA, through balls and shot creating actions.

Edited by Smal

He's just absolute dynamite, a genuine potential superstar. Immediately and comfortably on a level of midfield prowess for us that I've only previously seen from Rob Lee in the time I've been watching Newcastle.

Edited by Kid Icarus

He is way ahead of Cabaye, for all of the highlights Cabaye had some games where he was anonymous and we argued if he should play as a 6 or a 10. This lad does it all.

not as good looking as cabaye.

love the way he has picked up the language and also integrated with the squad - see him during targett's post match interview and when he was pointing at Joe7 during his song.

that early ASM dribble and shot - made in Brazil. Bruno's tackle followed by a beautiful outside of the foot pass by Joe.

Don't get me wrong, Bruno is a better player than Cabaye, but Cabaye would have been significantly better for us than he was if he'd had a manager like Howe. Pardew was not a coach. 

Edited by Smal