Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Big blow especially as its now so tight at the top as losing influential players can be the difference maker on final league positions. 

Also and possibly more importantly Who gonna give Joe a lift in now.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Good thing with the ankle is that it generally heals relatively quickly especially if its just a sprain, the issue however is that in the medium term its very easy to cause it to reoccur, hopefully its a managed properly.

Did my dissertation on ATFL tears. They’re an absolute bitch of an injury I’m afraid. 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Hopefully he’s back for the home leg of the semi at least 

Well if he ain't he ain't, but on a positive any possible rumours no matter how tenuous,in a bid for him in January,have just gone down the plug .

1 hour ago, mouldy_uk said:

:'(

He really shouldn't have been allowed to play on, I thought that as soon as I saw his ankle turn like that, it just wasn't worth the risk of potentially turning a minor sprain into a serious injury. He was never going to be able to run it off.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

Arent these type of injuries either really bad or something you can shake off in a couple of weeks?

Really dont think he could play out the rest of the half if it was the bad kind.

Adrenaline and a desire to keep playing would have carried him for a bit. He knew he was done before the half even ended, which is worrying.

I tore my tp? tendon and I couldn't run on it for nearly a year without pain and weaknesses. Basically couldn't walk on it for 6 weeks. Hope Bruno heals better than me 😅

Edited by La Parka

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The minute he started limping when the ball was passed to him we should've taken him off, he was brave to play that full half but i hope it didn't mean he aggravated the injury, these take time to recover and i really hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Rasford was limping for 20 min.  Came out and played amazing 2nd half

His foot didn’t get planted so when he rolled it his foot could move with him. That freeze frame doesn’t look good but it’s amazing what you can get away with without too much of an injury. 

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  Use this as a discussion with the owners  to get a midfielder in.

I know you can’t really see but on the team photo after the match the strapping didn’t appear to suggest a huge amount of swelling and that’s say an hour or more afterwards. Wishful thinking perhaps.