Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

10 hours ago, LFEE said:

Bruno definitely run it off a few minutes initially and looked ok again then he started struggling again.

Don’t recall EH saying he made a mistake just that it was a difficult decision as the player wanted to continue and ideally he’d get to HT to access it calmly and a player knows his body better than anyone else. If it was a concussion he would’ve took the decision out of the player’s hands was what I recall him saying.

You were watching a different game from me :)  - he was struggling after he twisted it.  His passing range was gone; he was hobbling, and he was turning like an oil tanker when the ball came to him. He wasn’t right at all.

20 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Anyone who has had that happen to them knows you can't run it off - even if there is no ligament or bone damage.  It isn't just the agony, you lose strength in that ankle until it recovers.  Running about on it just aggravates it further.  It is one of the very, very few bad calls Howe has made - the lad should have been taken off the pitch.

20-20 hindsight. Not really a bad call without that. You are going to be reliant on the player, unless you’ve seen a close up of how far his ankle twisted, and maybe even then the best judge is the injured party. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

20-20 hindsight. Not really a bad call without that. You are going to be reliant on the player, unless you’ve seen a close up of how far his ankle twisted, and maybe even then the best judge is the injured party. 

It isn’t 20-20 hindsight in fairness; have a look through the match day NO waffle.  There were plenty of us writing there during the game saying that he needed to come off, and surprised that Eddie hadn’t withdrawn him

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It isn’t 20-20 hindsight in fairness; have a look through the match day NO waffle.  There were plenty of us writing there during the game saying that he needed to come off, and surprised that Eddie hadn’t withdrawn him

Of course it's hindsight, both the player and the medical staff thought he could play on, no break, bit of a twist.

If we'd taken him off straight away, get beat and he's running around doing a warm down at the end then Eddie gets slaughtered. 

It looks like he’ll miss the weekend and hopefully be ready for Soton. 

At the time it seemed pretty clear to me that Bruno needed to come off much sooner. The moment for me was a little dink pass he tried that fell way short and clearly caused him pain. He was a bystander for the rest of the half and that could have cost us.

13 minutes ago, madras said:

Of course it's hindsight, both the player and the medical staff thought he could play on, no break, bit of a twist.

If we'd taken him off straight away, get beat and he's running around doing a warm down at the end then Eddie gets slaughtered. 

I don’t think Howe gets slaughtered for subbing a struggling player no matter who it is

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t think Howe gets slaughtered for subbing a struggling player no matter who it is

He would if he brings him off and it's something that could have been ran off with both the player and medical staff saying it 

1 minute ago, madras said:

He would if he brings him off and it's something that could have been ran off with both the player and medical staff saying it 

I don't see Bruno or the medical staff running to a press conference and sounding off - everyone could see the lad was struggling.  We were playing with ten men for most of that half; I'm not seeing the circumstances where Howe cops grief.  And anyone who did give him grief for it would be a complete and utter knacker anyway - who gives a shite what they say?

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don't see Bruno or the medical staff running to a press conference and sounding off - everyone could see the lad was struggling.  We were playing with ten men for most of that half; I'm not seeing the circumstances where Howe cops grief.  And anyone who did give him grief for it would be a complete and utter knacker anyway - who gives a shite what they say?

But we did see Bruno and the medical staff say he's OK to carry on and that's what a manager will go on.

Edited by madras

43 minutes ago, madras said:

But we did see Bruno and the medical staff say he's OK to carry on and that's what a manager will go on.

Bruno rolled ankle. wanted help. physio radios to doctor and Howe, they all say he can carry on as Bruno tries to. This is in the 17th minute; while not comfortable he still is important in some of our chance creation and ball movement. In the 30's or so Pope gets told to go down, Bruno goes to the sideline and gets wrapped up and carries on. As half winds down, Bruno isn't comfortable and is getting emotional that he has to come off. Half time comes. He's subbed off.  :lol: People need to chill.