Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

36 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

The minute he started limping when the ball was passed to him we should've taken him off, he was brave to play that full half but i hope it didn't mean he aggravated the injury, these take time to recover and i really hope it's not as bad as it looks.

Yeah, it looked at the time that he should have gone off much earlier. Eddie said that he tends to rely on the player's judgement, but that can't always be the right call. Unless a player can shake a knock off fairly quickly (and Bruno's mobility was obviously impaired for the rest of the half), then he should go.

4 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Hopefully precautionary, but I remember Trippier like this and then a lengthy spell out 

Trippier had a fracture this looks more ligament based given the mechanism of injury. A severe inversion sprain can sometimes include a small fracture where a small part of bone is also pulled away but not often. The thing with ankle injuries they can look very severe initially but people recover quite quickly, it really depends on the grade of I run to the ligaments. I’ve treated plenty in clinic where people recover quickly (not elite level sport though) but some can linger for a while.

At a rough guess he’ll be out minimum two weeks (best case scenario) more likely 4-6.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

You’re better off looking at the video, his ankle is at that angle momentarily. It doesn’t get trapped so there’s less stress/ resistance. Broke mine in 2 places when mine got planted and I rotated it, had countless sprains when not planted.

I’m hoping 2 weeks max and tweaked ligaments. 

11 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Anyone got experience with timescales for diagnosis?

Treated loads, mentioned it above 4-6 weeks usually, people sometimes escape with 2-3 weeks. Can be over 6 if serious/more complex. I’ve had plenty from fell running but I’m not an elite athlete 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

The fact that he thought he could run it off makes me hope it's not severe. 

Obviously Bruno being Bruno would always try play on but if it was really really bad surely he wouldn't even be able to walk after that. You know instantly when it's a bad one and I think if he felt he could run it off then fingers crossed its only a few weeks out. 

Edited by Scotty66

Can see them downplaying any potential short to mid term injury especially if we're looking to bring someone else in. Fingers crossed he's back soon anyway as we looked a bit clueless for large parts of the second half yesterday, ended up with Schar bringing the ball further forward which created a few gaps.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is immense :smitten:

Seems such a normal, nice lad. 

Love the fact they’ve all embraced the goldfish bowl rather than retreat from it. They definitely seem to appreciate the local love.

Just now, Emotic said:

Watched the video with a grin on my face. Such a lovely guy and such a lovely family. I cannot imagine how proud his dad is that Bruno is such a cult hero.:smitten:

Or how proud Bruno is that his dad is such a cult hero.