Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

18 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

Tells me he keeps losing the ball so he’s having to chase too much 

:bluestar:

Seriously though, I really do hate this stat (distance covered)

What's wrong about it? It tells you a bit about how much responsibility certain players have, and how much effort they put in.

47 minutes ago, Erikse said:

What's wrong about it? It tells you a bit about how much responsibility certain players have, and how much effort they put in.

As part of a group of stats it can build a picture. On its own it doesn't tell much.

25 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Effort does not equal effectiveness 

There's a lot of stats that doesn't equal effectiveness.. Don't see what's wrong with the stat, if you take it for what it is. It's not supposed to tell you which players who has played the best. Do you hate heat maps aswell, since it doesn't equal effectiveness?

Edited by Erikse

Looked to be playing with a bit of swagger late in the game, which was good to see.

Still doesn't have the ball on a string like he does at his best though, that late chance to put Almiron through where he overhit it to the keeper is something you expect him to make look easy.

33 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He’s still a bit off the pace and that booking was complete school boy nonsense. It was verging on violent conduct. Not the first time either.

Said it on another thread but it was shit refereeing that caused it

He was by far the best of our midfield 3 yesterday btw

Bruno is slowly getting there! A couple of times he turned the midfielder and launched a dangerous attack. I just hope he and Tonali can work together in the long term.

Although it was a foul in the first place, he needs to cut out the petulance. On another day and against the top 6 away from home, some incompetent referees might have viewed it as a red.

He looked better than he has been, some of his passing in the second half was getting back up to speed. I honestly think he has been knackered and is just getting his breath back.

A year and a half in the Premier league, international commitments and starting a family, he just needed a bit of a breather 

39 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You can’t react like that to shit refereeing mind - no matter how frustrating and shit it is

Breaking a counter attack up in 90+ minutes is the exact thing you need to get a yellow card for

Bare in mind I've only seen it once and that's in the stadium. Don't think it was ever a red ?

Edited by jack j