Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

If we get this guy I promise I will try to not expect too much quality wise. 

If it happens, it's definitely us punching above our weight. And what a start it would be. Might inspire others even more to take part. 

6 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Yeah though I’d swap Bruno and Joelinton. Apparently Bruno prefers to play on the left and Joelinton has looked good on either side.

Is Brazil’s match on (uk) television tonight does anyone know?

Premier sports I think

Hope there's an overzealous reporter at the Brazil match tonight who can get a few words out of Wor Bruno, something along the lines of "yes, it happen" and confirming he's due a medical tomorrow etc.

Edited by Pilko

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Im pretty sure Lyon are in some sort of financial difficulty, so if they are close to signing that faivre then it would suggest this is almost a done deal.

Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

His (correct) pronunciation of Coutinho winds me up so much lol, I don’t know why 

Always finds a way to talk about Wonaldo and Wonaldhino too. He’s the worst thing in Brazil, including Bolsonaro. 

French journalist Julien Laurens on Bruno G:

Lyon's Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes would be a bargain at £30m for Newcastle, according to French football expert Julien Laurens.

The Magpies have lodged a bid and hope to finalise the deal before transfer deadline day on Monday.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live's Euro Leagues podcast, Laurens said: "It’s big for a few reasons.

"It’s big because he’s an excellent player. He’s a very intelligent, very aware, very classy, very elegant defensive midfielder who will dictate the pace of the game. I love this player and think he’s going to be fantastic with the right team around him.

"It’s big because I still think £30m is an absolute bargain. I’m not sure why Lyon are accepting this offer and why he has accepted to have talks with Newcastle. Not because Newcastle is not a big club.

"The money is four times what he is on now. When you earn £25,000 a week and you go straight to £100,000 a week at your age when you’ve just moved to Europe is pretty significant.

"If Newcastle can get him he’s an absolutely amazing signing for them. For him it’s a new adventure, very different to anything he’s known before in Brazil and in France. He will go from a team that is fighting to finish in the Champions League places in France and a top team that plays that level with players around him of this calibre as well, to a team that is fighting not to go down.

"I don’t know how he will respond to that on the pitch when the next game he has to go and be in a dog fight to just get a point because every point matters now. Good on him if he accepts and it seems from the latest that he is keen on going."

It's a bit frustrating how long it take us to do, well, anything.. like officially announcing Eddie Howe and the Trippier signing all took longer than it should.  Agreeing fees seems to be the same story. 

Other teams are in and out when signing players. Just look at today with Adama Troare.

Hope this is agreed sooner rather than later as he is definitely a signing we need right now.