Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

Chuffed with this. Sad to see Trippier replaced as on field captain (unless he’s away) as he’s been a great captain for us

not sure about this. Lascelles and Trippier will probably be gone by next summer at the latest. Why not just wait until then to make him captain?

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Trippier is the perfect captain so won't be easily replaced (yeah Lascelles blah blah(. Just a ploy to keep him happy I guess.

Trippier must be leaving, that's what I'm taking from this.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

not sure about this. Lascelles and Trippier will probably be gone by next summer at the latest. Why not just wait until then to make him captain?

Lascelles will still be official captain, and if he's on the pitch he will be given it. Its just that when he's not it'll be Bruno that gets the armband and not Trippier or Burn. 

Its a positive thing to be honest, the fact we could have 4 captain worthy players on the pitch at any one time is quality.

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

I'm pleased for him, but I do agree he needs to work on his temperament because he loses his head at times.

I reckon him having to go so long without a yellow last season might have taken him to an even better level than before. He played on the edge without going over.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Lascelles will still be official captain, and if he's on the pitch he will be given it. Its just that when he's not it'll be Bruno that gets the armband and not Trippier or Burn. 

Its a positive thing to be honest, the fact we could have 4 captain worthy players on the pitch at any one time is quality.

Love Lascelles as club captain, I'm not sure if he'll ever play for the club again, but I hope this means he stays on in some capacity

Just now, Ben said:

Love Lascelles as club captain, I'm not sure if he'll ever play for the club again, but I hope this means he stays on in some capacity

Was good to see him and Wilson greeting the boys after Saturdays game.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Yeah love the respect to keep him in that role. Regardless of performances on the park He’s never put a foot wrong in his role as captain 

The odds of finding a Brazilian in France in our first transfer window with new owners while battling relegation who would turn out to be a transformative player, a future captain, and have this mindset "I want my photo to be in the reception like Sir Bobby Robson, Kevin Keegan, Jackie Milburn" were so incredibly miniscule.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

The odds of finding a Brazilian in France in our first transfer window with new owners while battling relegation who would turn out to be a transformative player, a future captain, and have this mindset "I want my photo to be in the reception like Sir Bobby Robson, Kevin Keegan, Jackie Milburn" were so incredibly miniscule.

Destiny! 

As strange as it sounds Bruno being so versatile at both ends of the pitch is a bit of a dilemma. On transition we still look extremely vulnerable. Not sure it's a personnel issue, more positional. Might have to go back and watch some games from 22/23 and see the difference. Tonali's legs should help but my lord I'd kill for a DM. Favourite position in football.

Are we thinking this is the end of Tripps then? Certainly suggests to me he won't be first choice, and I'm not sure I can see him sticking around to be a bit part player 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Are we thinking this is the end of Tripps then? Certainly suggests to me he won't be first choice, and I'm not sure I can see him sticking around to be a bit part player 

Makes me think that something has gone on. He's gone from golden boy, captain (on the pitch) and first choice right back to 2nd choice right back (possibly) and vice, vice captain.

Definitely been downgraded.

30 minutes ago, STM said:

Makes me think that something has gone on. He's gone from golden boy, captain (on the pitch) and first choice right back to 2nd choice right back (possibly) and vice, vice captain.

Definitely been downgraded.

I'd say realistically we know Tino's the future and at some point he's got to be given his shot. With Trips back late due to England it's a good excuse to play the young'un. Now it's up to Tino to play well enough to keep his place.

Still think Trips could be used on the RW mind. Think his passing and technique could be very useful there.

If Trips does play though, whether he's captain or not he'll still be a leader. Could see that in the England games in the Summer.

Edited by Checko

Jamaal isn't playing for a very long time for us. If Bruno is on the pitch, he's captain. If he and Trippier are on the pitch, then Bruno remains captain. If Bruno isn't playing, then Trippier wears it, next in line is Burn, Wilson/Murphy I assume.