Dan Burn

Rich

37 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Patter like this, but about Targett, forced me to say "dumb cunts" resulting in a 7 day ban. 

Luckily I've learned my lesson so appreciate everyone's opinion now. 

If I was a more cynical person I would think you're trying to be a clever clogs and call us dumb cunts while skirting a ban.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Patter like this, but about Targett, forced me to say "dumb cunts" resulting in a 7 day ban. 

Luckily I've learned my lesson so appreciate everyone's opinion now. 

:lol: as if you're taking that seriously

12 hours ago, wormy said:

Maldini was winning his first Serie A by then tbh. 

Maldini is the greatest LB of all time, and in the running for the greatest defender ever.  The comparison isn’t a fair one :) 

I’m happy to let Howe decide when to blood a 19-year-old defender.  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Honestly, I’m perplexed at the criticism of this lad’s contract extension.

Those who still think that PIF are going to break FFP and sign a load of £80, 90, 100m players - you’re going to be waiting a long time, lads and lasses. 

Surely better this way anyways? I'm absolutely overjoyed that the likes of Dan Burn, Jamal Lascelles, Jacob Murphy, Sean Longstaff & Fabian Schar have arrived on the highest platform still wearing Black & White. OK Burn was a late arrival at the club but he's a late bloomer too. What a story for him. Them all, us. 

Way better 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Maldini is the greatest LB of all time, and in the running for the greatest defender ever.  The comparison isn’t a fair one :) 

I’m happy to let Howe decide when to blood a 19-year-old defender.  

Please stop I can only shitpost for so long.

10 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Don't think he played badly, did a lot of good.

But he's fucking knackered and looked it from 30 minutes in, not subbing him is absolutely insane.

He did some good stuff, a few important blocks, but wide players are just knocking it forward and breezing past him these days. His lack of pace leaves a gaping hole down that side.

10 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

What made you think that? I don’t think Howe has not selected Burn for any game of significance.  Even when he has that rough spell last season and Targett was fit. He barely ever even gets subbed

If you can’t trust Matt Targett against Wolves and give Dan Burn a rest then why sign him in the first place and waste 12m. 

13 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

If you can’t trust Matt Targett against Wolves and give Dan Burn a rest then why sign him in the first place and waste 12m. 

I agree. But my point is - it’s been clear Dan Burn is by far and away the first choice LB and only injury or suspension would have him miss a game of serious consequence.