Dan Burn

Rich

There's 6-7 goals a season in him if the deliveries are right and we give him something to attack rather than a floated cross for him to head back across goal. He's hopeless at those and can't generate the power. The goals against Brighton, Sheff Utd and PSG though, you physically can't stop him. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There's 6-7 goals a season in him if the deliveries are right and we give him something to attack rather than a floated cross for him to head back across goal. He's hopeless at those and can't generate the power. The goals against Brighton, Sheff Utd and PSG though, you physically can't stop him. 

Yeah he’s some unit. A flying unit. Like a wardrobe with a head [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Must be said that he backpocketed Dembele and co.

Again, can’t say this more he has this way of adjusting his game after 10-20 mins and assuming we haven’t conceded it’s lights out for the winger. 

17 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Again, can’t say this more he has this way of adjusting his game after 10-20 mins and assuming we haven’t conceded it’s lights out for the winger. 

100% this.  I was sat with two neutrals last night.  Who were both commenting how bad he looked early doors.  I was also having flashbacks to Milan and some of his worse performances this season and worrying.  Near the end of the game.  They both said how good he looked and it is certainly becoming a recurring theme.  

He's a big lad.  Just takes a long while to get fully warmed up.  

He seems to have learned how to do attacking headers, which is brilliant to see and he's in really good form at the moment.

You would think it would make some people (particularly non-Newcastle fans) rethink their opinion of him, but they seem to have largely gone from talking shite to just being exasperated that he's done things they seem to think are way above his level of ability, but aren't, because he's a very good defender and a generally dependable, often good footballer. 

He's not Andy Robertson or Alaba obviously, but from a defensive point of view, time and again opposition fans will mention him as the position where they think they might get some joy, then teams try it, and for the most part they fail.

Can you imagine how much more satisfying his PSG goal would have been if Donnarumma hadn't got back and it had just been smashed into the net. There's so much I love about that goal, it's a shame that it didn't look as emphatic as his leap and header deserved. 

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can you imagine how much more satisfying his PSG goal would have been if Donnarumma hadn't got back and it had just been smashed into the net. There's so much I love about that goal, it's a shame that it didn't look as emphatic as his leap and header deserved. 

Yeah, I thought that. The thunk! as he connects with it, followed by it smacking the net, would've been positively orgasmic. 

Also, watching it back, fuck me it took an eternity to make the bloody call. I guess I didn't notice the length of time on the night because I was having a fierce debate with the PSG fan I was sharing the pub with. :lol:

I suppose that's the trouble with clear and obvious; sometimes it takes several minutes to debate something that is obvious. :(