Dan Burn

Rich

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Neville and Carragher we’re saying something similar the other day. Neville saying the likes of himself, Wes Brown and Darren Fletcher and the like were basically just average footballers that could give a bit more because they were playing for the club they loved.

Yeah, I seen Neville on some bbc interview the other night and he said that it had that effect on him. Hated him as a footballer but like him as a pundit - he really called out the breakaway super league.

4 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

In the same way that Newcastle was Steve Bruce's boyhood club, yeah.

Yeah, it was Tony Blairs club as well when it suited him..... I'm talking about real supporters who become players.

Big Al wouldn't even put a Sunlun shirt on for Children in Need let alone manage the mackems. You're confusing plastic with fantastic.

Edited by DMLeazesender

8 hours ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: where the fuck yee been? 

I decided to take a wee break because I was finding that NO was no longer a positive influence, mostly due to certain UNSAVOURY characters. Which, in conjunction with the stresses of new child #2, was making me a rather morose motherfucker. 

But more importantly, I don’t know anything about Dan Burn, but we should definitely sign him. Anything to reduce the chance of Mike’s Captain Jamaal from wearing the shirt again. 

On the surface, this bid for him sounds low and destined to fail. However, I think the club must know something otherwise they wouldn't have started the negotiation at that price.

When we were after their DoF, the word about Brighton was that they were cool about people leaving to further their career. This is unusual, but in an Ideal setup, your system would work so well that everyone in it would be replaceable.

1 hour ago, SEMTEX said:

I decided to take a wee break because I was finding that NO was no longer a positive influence, mostly due to certain UNSAVOURY characters. Which, in conjunction with the stresses of new child #2, was making me a rather morose motherfucker. 

But more importantly, I don’t know anything about Dan Burn, but we should definitely sign him. Anything to reduce the chance of Mike’s Captain Jamaal from wearing the shirt again. 

Got a feeling if Burn comes in, it will be Fernandez leaving. Not sure if Burn would actually be an upgrade on Fede, but guess that might depend on whether the club feel Fede's declining due to age. 

Has to be a case of one in, one out due the shambolic state of our PL registrations. Despite how shite he's been for last couple of years, Lascelles is teflon for the foreseeable future. 

Registration wise, it's hopefully going to be Hendrick getting to fuck down the road to Boro, and Gillespie being unregistered - freeing up two spaces.... Burn and Bruno? 

Anyone else coming in could be contingent on offloading people - another striker coming in Gayle would be the one dropping out, another CB one of Clark or Fed, a full back you'd think Krath or Manquillo. Can't work out who we're dropping if Lingard or a AM/FW is coming in mind. 

Can't see Howe just wanting unregistered players dossing around, and hard to imagine any club is coming in for our cast offs along, so going to have to be some big pay-ups for the deadwood making way should their agents be able to set-up clubs for them. Going to be all very late on though, as Howe isn't exactly going to be going round the pool this week telling likes of Gayle, Krath, Clark to find clubs just incase we sign someone better - would go all against his mantra of current players being important and atmosphere etc. 

Guest reefatoon

We might need to speed up the preparing a little, we are running out of days for an "improved offer per day" schedule we seem to be on.

Just now, 54 said:

All the statistics suggest he's better than any CB we currently have, in that respect he could clearly improve us. However its obvious he plays in a defensive unit at Brighton which is far better than we are and in a different formation/position occasionally. So there would be questions about how he'd fit in here and how well he'd do with the crap around him.

10M (if true) would be a good piece of business and certainly worth it to get Clark out of the squad.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

All the statistics suggest he's better than any CB we currently have, in that respect he could clearly improve us. However its obvious he plays in a defensive unit at Brighton which is far better than we are and in a different formation/position occasionally. So there would be questions about how he'd fit in here and how well he'd do with the crap around him.

10M (if true) would be a good piece of business and certainly worth it to get Clark out of the squad.

how many years imprisonment for theft would you get if you straight swapped Clark for Burn? 5? 6? 

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah but if we signed him and Bakker thats 3 out of 4 replaced in our defence.

That is a good point and that will help im sure, but no CM yet, which is huge for ensuring we are more defensively assured.

Also signing Bakker is still a big if, as is any CM or any signings at all. So we could well go into Februay with Trippier and one new CB as only new defenders. That would worry me.

7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We might need to speed up the preparing a little, we are running out of days for an "improved offer per day" schedule we seem to be on.

CTRL-F

Find what: £8m.

Replace with: £10m

Mouse tap 'Replace All'

Print and send fax.

40 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

CTRL-F

Find what: £8m.

Replace with: £10m

Mouse tap 'Replace All'

Print and send fax.

CTRL-H would save you microseconds like. Might be needed on deadline day.