Dan Burn

Rich

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah but if we signed him and Bakker thats 3 out of 4 replaced in our defence.

Problem is the defence will likely still contain Lascelles - ideally we need 2 CBs so we don't have to see that plum in the starting 11 again

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

This transfer window has made me realise that I don't pay any attention to central defenders when I watch matches. I must have watched 3 or 4 Brighton matches this season yet didn't even know he existed. :lol:

At least he didn't make any horrendous mistakes that led to goals in those games.  As I guess you would have noticed him then.  

Sounds like an improvement. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10449815/Newcastle-shy-Brightons-valuation-Dan-Burn-despite-improving-rejected-8m-bid.html

Newcastle are falling short in their bid to sign Brighton centre back Dan Burn.

Talks are ongoing after they improved on their initial £8m bid but the Magpies are still shy of Brighton's valuation.

It doesn't say how much we bid the second time

10 hours ago, TRon said:

Is there any truth to the rumours he's got a release clause of around £10m?

"ok listen so we know he's got a release clause of 10m and if you don't accept our offer of 8m we'll come back and give you 10m ok?" 

"So what do you say"? 

I'm definitely not one to usually care about where players come from, but I think there'd be something nice about bringing a local lad home, and them playing an important role on the pitch in terms of resurrecting the club. You'd certainly expect him to have the right attitude anyway. Good player from a good team at a good age, and comes from Newcastle; would definitely put a smile on me face if it comes off. The likes of Carlos and Botman clearly just weren't attainable at this moment in time. 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I'm definitely not one to usually care about where players come from, but I think there'd be something nice about bringing a local lad home, and them playing an important role on the pitch in terms of resurrecting the club. You'd certainly expect him to have the right attitude anyway. Good player from a good team at a good age, and comes from Newcastle; would definitely put a smile on me face if it comes off. The likes of Carlos and Botman clearly just weren't attainable at this moment in time. 

The older I've got, the more I've thought that local presence is a really important thing in a club. The whole thing is an extension of the city and its people.; having a core of people who understand it, feel connected, and continue good traditions is important to keeping your identity as you grow.

14 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The older I've got, the more I've thought that local presence is a really important thing in a club. The whole thing is an extension of the city and its people.; having a core of people who understand it, feel connected, and continue good traditions is important to keeping your identity as you grow.

Identity and the sense of belonging is what the club has so sorely lacked in recent times so I agree entirely. 

It isn't enough just to be a Geordie, of course, a point that was well and truly hammered home very recently.