Dan Burn

Rich

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

was there rwb (usually a winger), fastest bloke in the league :lol:

Fair play, he looked rapid but it’s hard to compare a freight train to a Tomy train set

33 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm not sure how you could watch that performance and think at the very least Howe should have taken Burn off straight after the penalty decision. And that's being generous

In the match thread, there were plenty of comments from people very surprised / disappointed that he came out for the second half.

Today's result was entirely avoidable.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Personally thought the penalty was very very soft. Of course the lad rinsed Burn but it was barely a foul. 

It was soft of course but there’s no scenario where you can put pressure on someone’s back from behind and expect it not to be given

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Personally thought the penalty was very very soft. Of course the lad rinsed Burn but it was barely a foul. 

Burn pulled his shoulder. Probably one of the most blatant fouls you'll see.

You can argue the player could have stayed on his feet but that's irrelevant, once Burn pulls him, every player will go to ground and rightly so. I'd expect ours to do the same.

Absolutely no way he should start next game, and if he does, any criticism aimed at Howe will be valid and he’s asking for it if he starts him.

don’t even need to state how poor Burn was or his flaws, simply put Tino is a better LB and that’s the only thing that really needs saying. 

He's doing what is probably technically correct in that he's giving them some distance to have a go and use his body to block them, as if he gets too tight he's absolutely done for considering his agility, but it feels like against Forest and today they could just knock it past with a 5-yard headstart and he's done in seconds. I feel like last year he'd become a lot more tactical as games went on against tricky players but he seems to just do the same thing now despite it not working.

45 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fair play. I don’t know his game at all but it was painful watching the match up between them today and hard to read his pace due to Burn being slow

Hall got booked at Kenilworth Road as well for hauling down Ogbene as he went past him like an express train, he is fucking rapid

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

image.thumb.png.1da61fc2901f3a066539204e1ac7a1a0.png

Burns position ahead of their 4th that came from their right winger btw :lol:

You could see the gap as soon as they got the ball 

He was exposed today and it’s certainly not the first time. Anyone in the crowd chanting for Tini should hang their heads in shame….it will have been heart breaking for Burn. 

He's a possession dead end and that is perhaps more damaging than his defensive blunders against pacy wingers. Absolutely sick of seeing turnovers whenever Botman or Bruno pass it to him with minimal options and someone pressing him.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Blatant pen to me, it was moronic defending 

I agree. Once he decides to tug his shirt again after entering the box is bewildering. 

If it was Gordon going through we'd be going mental for a pen 

I've got to say though, botman got wrestled to the ground and it wasn't even looked at which is what irks me a bit

He's great as a backup option.. He can cover both CB and LB. But even before the season we expected someone to take his place. If someone told me 1 year ago that he would still be our first choice LB as of today, I would be surprised.

Edited by Erikse

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He's great as a backup option.. He can cover both CB and LB. But even before the season we expected someone to take his place. If someone told me 1 year ago that he would still be our first choice LB as of today, I would be surprised.

Especially as we bought Targett, have Hall on loan and Livramento has played excellently there. Burn keeps getting picked despite there being better options, seemingly just because he's tall.

Must be infuriating being one of the other lads and being unable to get a game despite knowing you're clearly a better footballer. Normally a player can go to the manager and ask what they need to improve on, but 'be taller than Dan Burn'  isn't really something they can go away and work on.