Dan Burn

Rich

Got really rinsed today, he struggled with the pace.

I can see why Howe starts him though, he's nowhere near as bad as some on here say. I'd rather have Tino in there mind.

Just now, mofo said:

Got really rinsed today, he struggled with the pace.

I can see why Howe starts him though, he's nowhere near as bad as some on here say. I'd rather have Tino in there mind.

start him, but when he;s been murdered for 45 minutes and you have tino on the bench.....

1 minute ago, huss9 said:

start him, but when he;s been murdered for 45 minutes and you have tino on the bench.....

I'd have brought Tino on earlier 👍

He's not even that good on set pieces. Definite sense of the Peter Crouch about him where he gets his head to it but it often without any conviction on direction.

Edited by ElDiablo

Just now, ElDiablo said:

He's not even that good in set pieces. Definite sense of the Peter Crouch about where he gets his head to it but it often without any conviction on direction.

I think he's pretty great for defensive ones. Improved his attacking this year as well.

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Why? Burn dropping into a back three has been part of our pressing gameplan (moreso last season)

Think everyone is just forgetting that's why he's in there, because we switch to a back 3 a lot in game :lol: The system is the reason why Tripper has so much freedom and ridiculous assists and chances created stats in the last 2 seasons. 

We already don't play with a proper defensive midfielder so having 3 CBs staying back does make sense. Well that and we also had one of the best defensive records in Europe last season with that back 4 [emoji38] 

Burn did get rinsed today but he seems to get similar criticism even when he's played class. 

Hes slow, but it wasn’t as much of a problem last season because he was covered by Joe.. the lack of physical ability in front of him at the moment tends to leave him exposed at times against the rapid wingers of the PL. Last season he did get done a few times as well, but he could adapt and then deal with it well for the rest of the game. 

Dropping him off of the back of that performance doesn’t bode well for squad harmony, it doesn’t set a great precedent. Tino may get a start against Forest, but it’s clear as day that Howe sticks by who he trusts the most especially in our current circumstances. Tino/Hall don’t play the back 3 role as well as Burn.

Edited by Nine

Interesting comments from Howe on BBC Newcastle, talked about how the team personnel isn't the same (basically, midfield) so we may need to adapt to regain defensive control.

Forest will happily give us possession next week and look to counter.

17 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Think everyone is just forgetting that's why he's in there, because we switch to a back 3 a lot in game :lol: The system is the reason why Tripper has so much freedom and ridiculous assists and chances created stats in the last 2 seasons. 

We already don't play with a proper defensive midfielder so having 3 CBs staying back does make sense. Well that and we also had one of the best defensive records in Europe last season with that back 4 [emoji38] 

Burn did get rinsed today but he seems to get similar criticism even when he's played class. 

Like I don't want to be a dick, but people seem to have some mental way of thinking, where by the believe Howe is playing him out of some kind of LADS respect or something [emoji38]

As if he just hasn't been playing the answer to all of our woes (Livramento) because he just cannot break the news to Burn.

Burn's strength in the air to mark a player out of the game in transitions is completely fitting with how we play.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Interesting comments from Howe on BBC Newcastle, talked about how the team personnel isn't the same (basically, midfield) so we may need to adapt to regain defensive control.

I fully expect to see Burn in the starting lineup and Elanga tearing him a new one. 

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Been like that for weeks if not longer so hopefully he’s been working on something already.

He's a weak link in that back 4 and he's being targeted now, when you've got pacy wingers he stands no chance. Hopefully he starts on the bench from now on, Livramento is by far the better defender and doesn't deserve to be on the bench.

3 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Absolutely, he kept when Trippier was dropping stinkers 

Trippier had a loss of form, from being otherwise fantastic. There was a very high chance he'd come out the other side of a bad patch.

Burn's problem is he's really, really slow. He's always been really, really slow and will never get any faster.

As others have said, previously we've had players who can get back and help him out. Recently that's not been the case and that's why he gets rinsed.

2 hours ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Quite safe to say that Luton targeted him and it worked 

Every team targets him.

He sticks out like a sore thumb as a weak spot.