Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

Gerrard relies on his coaching staff and is more of a frontman for that coaching team isn’t he? His head coach decides the tactics. 

He may turn it round (hope he doesn’t like) but the fact he’s the chairman’s mate and that’s essentially how he was recruited means they may stick with him way longer than they should if things go south. 

I'm actually a bit surprised that Lampard is as bad as he is, he seemed like a reasonable human as a player.

Gerrard, however, was an apocalyptically massive thunder cunt as a player. I genuinely would have tapped out forever if he'd have ended up here as manager like his media chums were angling for. Luckily, we got Eddie the legend.

On 25/04/2022 at 20:10, toon25 said:

He's so far stuck up his own arsehole, that he'll never make it as a manager. Said it all when he was giving it the Billy big bollocks to Klopp yesterday.

Pipe down, you chest thumping Tory cunt.

Slight contradiction when it comes to

some managers being incredible footballers who are also managers but it seems Lampard can’t understand why they don’t just play like his unbelievable Chelsea team.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably the one area Scotland are well stocked with quality players. :lol:

Fuck sake aye, we struggle for quality players for years then Robertson and Tierney come along at the same time. Now Targett too - I never knew he could play for Scotland.

1 minute ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Fuck sake aye, we struggle for quality players for years then Robertson and Tierney come along at the same time. Now Targett too - I never knew he could play for Scotland.

Hickey as well. He’s better off waiting for England.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I can see why Howe isn’t rushing to sign him. Despite a couple of good blocks and clearances he was exposed today for a lack of pace. Salah burned him despite a 10 yard head start, and Keita just waltzed past the poor bloke with an easy 1-2. Hapless at times and sadly not at the level we need next year. Good serviceman but we already have a few too many of those. 

He'd be more than fine for next season, possibly the season after, but then he'd probably have the same issue as he has at Aston Villa after that with the respective club looking to move beyond that level of player. I'd still sign him though, it would be one less (totally) new player to bed in, and probably deserves the move.

3 minutes ago, Outre said:

I can see why Howe isn’t rushing to sign him. Despite a couple of good blocks and clearances he was exposed today for a lack of pace. Salah burned him despite a 10 yard head start, and Keita just waltzed past the poor bloke with an easy 1-2. Hapless at times and sadly not at the level we need next year. Good serviceman but we already have a few too many of those. 

13 matches and still no assists or goals will also have a lot to do with it too if Howe is looking for an attacking fullback. 

3 minutes ago, macphisto said:

13 matches and still no assists or goals will also have a lot to do with it too if Howe is looking for an attacking fullback. 

I don’t think Joe Gomez has a goal in his life and he’s on the verge of winning the Quad, having played 70-odd games for Liverpool. He didn’t get forward today either. I’m fairly certain Targett can do a similar job for our team/squad the next 5 years. 

Edited by greydos
Spelling errors

1 minute ago, greydos said:

I don’t think Joe Gomez has a goal in his life and he’s on the verge of winning the Quad, having played 70-odd games for Liverpool. He didn’t get forward today either. I’m fairly certain Targett can do a similar job for our team/squad the next 5 years. 

Gomez is a centre back playing out of position at right back 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Outre said:

He makes Krafth look like Kyle Walker. He is that slow. 

Get the fuck outre here man!

1 minute ago, greydos said:

I don’t think Joe Gomez has a goal in his life and he’s on the verge of winning the Quad, having played 70-off games for Liverpool. He did t get forward today either. I’m fairly certain Targett can do a similar job for our team/squad the next 5 years. 

Are you seriously quoting Liverpool who have Robertson and TAA as their regular fullbacks as an argument to keep Targett???