Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Got to be our best ever loan signing. No offence to Paul Moran and Facundo Ferryra

Moran had some sparkling debut against Wolves back in 91(?). Had a hangover from a night out with Gazza, if memory serves, did fuck all except fall over while missing an open goal from 2 yards, in an amazing 0-0 draw. Probably still had a skin full :lol:

Guest HTT II

I lost count at the number of times they went to press him and he just calmly did a pivot and played it back to our ‘keeper or infield to another black and white shirt. So clam under pressure!

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

I pity him sometimes when he makes himself avaialble with run on the outside but ASM decides to ignore him and then lose possession all together.

Yes, I noticed this too, and I love the fact that he keeps making those runs anyway and never gets annoyed about it. Guy comes across as the ultimate professional. Fit, strong, and all action. Huge fan of this guy. One of my favourites currently.

10 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Remember when we played Matt fucking Ritchie left back?

Aye. We replaced a LB called Matt, with a target on his back, for a LB called Matt, with Targett on his back. Perfect signing, to a T.

Aye we need to sign him up, but shock horror.. maybe just maybe, Eddie Howe wants two competent left-backs to compete and push each other for a place in the team.. imagine trying to sell that idea to Mike Ashley :)

He's been outstanding. I get where the comments saying he's a steady 7.5/10 every week are coming from, but I think that's selling him short.

Only 26 too, so he's another one who can get even better as the squad around him improves.