Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

• 3 weeks later...

Notice he didn't even make the bench yesterday after being on it the rest of this season

Must be about 6th choice left back now

Hall Kelly Burn and id fancy our 2 right backs to play there before old matty gets a gig

Just shows how hard it is to shift players if they aren't either young, or top standard. He's not even a bad left back, can only assume his wages are too high for most lower placed clubs.

It’s a shit situation for everyone. Targett strikes me as someone who would want to be playing. He’s easily good enough to play for a team trying to get promoted from the championship and he could likely play for some of the poorer teams in the premier league. If not as a starter then definitely as second in line. He needs a loan, wasn’t there interest in the summer? I’m sure we rebuffed some interest which looks like a very poor decision 

On 30/08/2024 at 14:33, Kimbo said:

I think he’s pretty much 5th choice at LB. Other clubs just don’t want him, and why would they with his injury record.

His injury history was quite good until this last year and exceptional before he joined NUFC.