Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Didn't expect this from Wolves this season. I guess things went a bit stale under Nuno but they've done really well to sustain their progress over the last few years. Lage presumably a really good appointment. 

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Just had a random look at the Turkish league and Galatasaray are only 3 points off relegation, what's gone on there?

And Adana (spearheaded by Britt Assombalonga) are 3rd

Similarly, just seen a team I've never heard of is running away with the Belgian league title. Only just promoted last season, too. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Similarly, just seen a team I've never heard of is running away with the Belgian league title. Only just promoted last season, too. 

Owned by the same people as Brighton.

4 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Didn’t realise but Wolves are almost finding themselves in a CL fight. 6 points behind Man Utd with two games in hand.

I watched the game today after seeing Leeds get beat and when I checked the table afterwards was surprised to see exactly that.

12 hours ago, Disco said:

Owned by the same people as Brighton.

Historically one of the most successful clubs in Belgium but haven't won a title since before the war.

Nice story on one front but also pretty rank that basically being a PL feeder club is enough to make you a title contender.

With Belgium's weird play off system they may still lose out anyway.

Aye, their CEO was on that Athletic business of football podcast last season. Can’t say I was hugely aware of them but they’ve got a cracking old school stadium.

Quite a few clubs in Belgium like that. Eupen, Oostende and Molenbeek are all ‘club group’ owned. Remember Arsenal and Man Utd used to have ties with clubs too due to the differing work permit regs over there.

19 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Didn't expect this from Wolves this season. I guess things went a bit stale under Nuno but they've done really well to sustain their progress over the last few years. Lage presumably a really good appointment. 

Think it was more he lost his teams goals in Raul J and Jota along with other injuries. Anyone would’ve struggled in that period. Bruno doing a very good job though so far mind and got them in position I’d love us to be in next season if we stay up.