Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Bit weird, that.

I think we’re a bit broken from years of being under-nourished by Ashley. I’ve definitely become a lot more bitter towards other clubs. I think people mainly just hate Frank Lampard or at least I do 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think we’re a bit broken from years of being under-nourished by Ashley. I’ve definitely become a lot more bitter towards other clubs. I think people mainly just hate Frank Lampard or at least I do 

Oh I get it. But that implies we've in way enjoyed success.

How I yearn for boring 7th place.

Last season, Everton beat Liverpool at Anfield in a 2-0 win. Lampard discusses what it will take to repeat last season's win.

"You can't always control the result. This game brings a different energy to it. I expect passion, fight and desire. There's not a game plan in the world that will work without that."

That is such a weird statement to be making :lol: 

Has some Aston Villa cheering as we got relegated vibes this. I remember thinking that was bizarre too.

I think people just like to see a big established club topple. Part of that whole love an underdog mentality :dontknow:

2 hours ago, Guybrush said:

Has some Aston Villa cheering as we got relegated vibes this. I remember thinking that was bizarre too.

I think people just like to see a big established club topple. Part of that whole love an underdog mentality :dontknow:

Yeah this. That said I've never really understood the mutual dislike between Everton and Newcastle fans.

2 hours ago, Guybrush said:

Aston Villa fans didn’t do owt wrong, no idea why a majority of our fans base got so upset by it.

It’s exactly what is happening here with Everton and that’s fine. That’s football.

A bit like how we all enjoy Man Utd failing, or the potential for Chelsea to go bust.

I'm well aware of the entertainment at a "big" club going down btw so I do get it - just found a few comments odd as though we've enjoyed some sort of grand success in the last decade. Like Ian said there's an odd amount of dislike between the 2 clubs to say there's not really any history there.

This has been a long time coming anyway, whatever happens we deserve to go down and it is going to fuck us hard. :aww:

For the record i don't hate Everton mainly cos very good mate is big everton fan so always discussing stuff. He has been convinced they are going down for a while and I have always been naaaah sure you're better than 3 teams but alas now having to concede looking kinda dire

17 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I'm not quite sure they will, their financial situation seems pretty dire. Need to offload a lot of that squad, it is really awful

This. We are not coming straight back up.

49 minutes ago, Neil said:

This. We are not coming straight back up.

The Championship is largely fucking shit. Don’t you guys have some decent players in your academy?

Look at when we last went down, we rebuilt with players who are not Premier League standard and came up as Champions.

Edited by Stifler

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The Championship is largely fucking shit. Don’t you guys have some decent players in your academy?

Look at when we last went down, we rebuilt with player who are not Premier League standard and came up as Champions.

But Rafa..

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Look at when we last went down, we rebuilt with player who are not Premier League standard and came up as Champions.

Yup. A semi-competent manager (absolutely not Lampard) and they’ll piss it.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I'm well aware of the entertainment at a "big" club going down btw so I do get it - just found a few comments odd as though we've enjoyed some sort of grand success in the last decade. Like Ian said there's an odd amount of dislike between the 2 clubs to say there's not really any history there.

This has been a long time coming anyway, whatever happens we deserve to go down and it is going to fuck us hard. :aww:

To be fair Neil, you are sound and I'm sure you are more representative of your club than the dickheads who I seem to come across.

I want Everton to go down because of this daft relationship with Sunderland and the online abuse our fans seem to trade.

If I was to remove emotion out of it, it would be sad to see such a historic club drop but I don't particularly remember much sympathy coming our way.

Has Moshiri completely fucked Everton or is it a combination of things?

In short, all the dots can be connected to him. The decision making abilities and foresight of Michael Scott. Countless shite appointments, the worst recruitment in the known galaxy and woeful individual underperformances. A dazzling combination.

And yeah I know - certainly not expecting sympathy, we deserve plenty of shit. It'll help to add a small amount of comic relief to the ongoing shitshow. :lol:

If it's any consolation, if you do go down, I think you'll be immediately taken aback by how poor the standard is down there. Michael Keane would get 2 free goes before any mistakes were punished, and I'd still bank on even Rondon being very a useful Championship striker.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I'm sure someone  said earlier about it starting around the time we signed Emre, Parker and I think Duff, apparently beating Everton to each of them. The atmosphere from Everton certainly became worse about then.

And your post could easily have been written by an NUFC fan before our relegations.

Edited by madras