Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest HTT II
56 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm sure someone  said earlier about it starting around the time we signed Emre, Parker and I think Duff, apparently beating Everton to each of them. The atmosphere from Everton certainly became worse about then.

And your post could easily have been written by an NUFC fan before our relegations.

They were not best pleased with us when we signed Speed and Big Dunc. That’s when they started to take a real dislike to us and when we beat them in the FA Cup I remember their fans sending in some mad teletext vitriol on the then teletext chat service! We did let them sign Pistone, the ungrateful bastards!

Edited by HTT II

28 minutes ago, Wullie said:

1-0 Arbroath. Win this and they'll be 1 game from promotion to the SPL, a part time side.

Been keeping an eye on them for a while. Be class if they get up. Their ground is pretty much all terracing too.

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Everton will piss promotion, we heard the same dire predictions when we went down in 2009

Chris Kamara tipped us for relegation and Peterborough to go up. The opposite happened. Everton will walk it.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

I think we’re a bit broken from years of being under-nourished by Ashley. I’ve definitely become a lot more bitter towards other clubs. I think people mainly just hate Frank Lampard or at least I do 

I think the majority hate the Everton fans more than anything. 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

I'm well aware of the entertainment at a "big" club going down btw so I do get it - just found a few comments odd as though we've enjoyed some sort of grand success in the last decade. Like Ian said there's an odd amount of dislike between the 2 clubs to say there's not really any history there.

This has been a long time coming anyway, whatever happens we deserve to go down and it is going to fuck us hard. :aww:

Cant see Burnley getting enough points, tbh. Yousll finish a point or two ahead I reckon.

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

Donny Van Beek has picked up another knock. Doesn’t have the heart for a relegation battle that lad, thank god he didn’t come here.

We’re all naturally circumspect about money now it’s us because a) you don’t want to sound arrogant and b) football does occasionally have its own peculiar narratives that perhaps players don’t follow, maybe. But, come on Donny- you’ve fucked that one, lad 

7 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Barnsley relegated from the Championship...hopefully they will play the SMBs next season. 

Such a massive contrast in two seasons for them.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just seen Kilmarnock won it. Think Arbroath have probably missed their chance now.

Watched the second half and Killie absolutely battered them tbf, last minute goal is heartbreak mind.

38 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Shit craic with the bomb threat. Probably one of the mentalist Nigerian Reds off Twitter, absolute melts.

Had no idea about the bomb threat. Was just a Bob Mortimer joke about his massive heed