Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

I could be okay with English sides doing well in Europe when the PL wasn't by far the richest league.

Now its like wanting a rich c*nt to beat someone less rich and less of a c*nt

Edited by Wolfcastle

I always had difficulty getting behind Liverpool and Man United due to them having immensely unlikeable supporters, but City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United should have been booted from this years competition after the super league nonsense. I couldn't be happy for any of them after that.

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

I could be okay with English sides doing well in Europe when the PL wasn't by far the richest league.

Now its like want a rich c*nt to beat someone less rich and less of a c*nt

It's been the richest league in the world for about 25 years hasn't it? Not like Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Bayern Munich, and Juventus can't spend absolute tons, even then Liverpool have achieved all of their success while spending less than most as well.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Because I'm English. :lol:

I know it's become the norm in recent years, but it's far less common than the phases of Spanish domination we've had.

True, in this competition anyway. I think West Ham and Leicester winning their respective European competitions would be a greater indication of the Premier League 'problem' in Europe. Hopefully neither will and there's hope yet that the rest of Europe can still compete with the obscene growth that's happened over here. 

Still, fuck Liverpool, regardless of whether or not their progress here contributes to that existential issue. And definitely fuck them as any reflection of my identity. :lol:

Just now, Yorkie said:

True, in this competition anyway. I think West Ham and Leicester winning their respective European competitions would be a greater indication of the Premier League 'problem' in Europe. Hopefully neither will and there's hope yet that the rest of Europe can still compete with the obscene growth that's happened over here. 

Still, fuck Liverpool, regardless of whether or not their progress here contributes to that existential issue. And definitely fuck them as any reflection of my identity. :lol:

Eh? Have you not seen the Europa winners in recent years? Also completely dominated by Spanish teams. :lol: Maybe there's a bit of proximity bias going on with you seeing it as a problem, because English teams are suddenly dominating.

I dunno, English football hooligans don't reflect my identity either, but I'll still support England.

19 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Peter Enckleman might have cost Inter the title.

Saw a journo on Twitter saying Radu had recently demanded more game time or he would leave. Awkward.

I've got nothing against either West Ham or (particularly) Leicester, the latter of whom have easily been the team in the PL I like and respect the most over the last half decade. I just find it very sad that the imbalance in European competition is apparently becoming greater and greater. For West Ham - a team with no European record to speak of, and a team who I happen to think have been a disappointment in the league this season (so depressing that ManU are still gonna get 6th, despite everything) - to bulldoze through their group and then dispatch the competition's most decorated team and then Lyon... I dunno. It's a bit depressing. At least Leicester nearly made a pigs ear of their progress at times. :lol:

Why can't it be that those teams are good and played well? We're the richest club in the world and have been linked with/bought 4 of Lyon's players, they're not exactly lacking talent to the extent where West Ham have just blown them out of the water with their superior finances.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Eh? Have you not seen the Europa winners in recent years? Also completely dominated by Spanish teams. :lol: Maybe there's a bit of proximity bias going on with you seeing it as a problem, because English teams are suddenly dominating.

This is my point though. A team like West Ham suddenly being good enough to break that dominance makes me think there's an imbalance. 

Maybe/hopefully I'm wrong. Spose Fulham and Boro both got to the finals.

A clean sweep of PL winners across the board would surely justify a bit of concern though. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

This is my point though. A team like West Ham suddenly being good enough to break that dominance makes me think there's an imbalance. 

Maybe/hopefully I'm wrong. Spose Fulham and Boro both got to the finals.

A clean sweep of PL winners across the board would surely justify a bit of concern though. 

These phases happen all the time like and like I say, Spain are still the dominant country even in recent years in both competitions, so you could maybe argue it's a counter-balance rather than an imbalance.

West Ham have had a great season as well, beating Lyon was still a big deal because Lyon are no pushover and are stacked with good players: Paqueta, Dembele, and Denayer who we've been linked with and obviously Bruno before then too.

I'm not saying don't worry like because I think the entire game's fucked and will try to infinitely grow to the point of bursting :lol: I just wouldn't worry about the specific thing you're worrying about, if that makes sense.

Edited by Kid Icarus