Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

7 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Agreed. I always got the feeling that he is a downright nice person who tries to do the right thing which is also a philosophy in itself. In 2005, when he lost the CL final to us, he was incredibly gracious, spent time with all of our players, congratulated each and every one of them. In 2007, when he defeated us, it was the same, spent time consoling our players than just celebrating. As a boss of Everton, he never tried to up the angst against us. During COVID lockdown, when Allison's dad passed away and Allison couldn't travel to Brazil, was among the first outside of LFC to reach out to Allison. 

It's old school, but it works (and always will) - man management is just as important as any tactic and if you treat people with respect you'll earn respect. Then people will run through walls for you... 

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

It's old school, but it works (and always will) - man management is just as important as any tactic and if you treat people with respect you'll earn respect. Then people will run through walls for you... 

I agree. I remember in 2013, when Bayern defeated Dortmund in the final. There was a lot of tension before the final as it was like a Bundesliga final, Bayern had just poached Gotze and announced it before the final, etc.

Once Bayern won, Heynckes forbade his players to celebrate until Dortmund players had left the pitch. He actually spent more time with the Dortmund players and Klopp than his own players. In the press conference, he said something along the lines of (I am paraphrasing from memory) "I know what it is to loose finals. I don't get any joy in celebrating in front of players and fans who are hurting. " 

It reflected a humility, an empathy, something I feel is missing from leaders nowadays in all walks of life. Ancelotti I feel is a bit of the same. Old school, as you said. 

17 minutes ago, Heron said:

Is that your Brucey?

18 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Well Casemiro escaped two very strong shouts for yellows,and the ref was right there both times. Then the ridiculous Sterling booking   that clearly wasn`t a foul, then allowing the second period of extra time being interrupted and even contributed to, etc etc

I mean, with all due respect, if the ref was bad than VAR was worse. Because if I remember correctly Laporte slapped Modric didn't he as well? Potentially a red card early in the game for City as well as a missed penalty.  Basically the two biggest decisions that he shies away from were in favour of City. The Sterling booking at no effect on the game whatsoever. I'm not saying the ref was great or defending him, I just don't think he favoured Real at all. As for the extra time I do agree, seems to be a problem with referees that they don't take stoppages in extra time into effect. Think it was Italy v Belgium at the Euros where the same happened. 

46 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Honestly think this defeat is bad news for us.  

City know how to win the league, they'll want revenge.

I think the opposite, I think what happened tonight isn't something you get over quickly and that will impact them in the league

Whether it affects them enough in our game I'm not sure but absolutely even more convinced that Liverpool will win the league now 

That was a devastating blow to City, you could see it from their reaction once the tie was levelled 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think the opposite, I think what happened tonight isn't something you get over quickly and that will impact them in the league

Whether it affects them enough in our game I'm not sure but absolutely even more convinced that Liverpool will win the league now 

That was a devastating blow to City, you could see it from their reaction once the tie was levelled 

They had similar blow vs Spurs in 2019 in another title fight.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

City will likely turn us over but it's as good a chance as any to get a result. This has happened so much to them now that some genuine despondency might creep in for a bit.

That's what I'm hoping too

And this is the most brutal of all the times they've been knocked out (takes over the Spurs one)

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

They had similar blow vs Spurs in 2019 in another title fight.

Yeah but this is an accumulation now, knocked out by Lyon, then lost a final they were expected to win and then tonight 

Think it will hurt them this time 

15 minutes ago, Flip said:

I mean, with all due respect, if the ref was bad than VAR was worse. Because if I remember correctly Laporte slapped Modric didn't he as well? Potentially a red card early in the game for City as well as a missed penalty.  Basically the two biggest decisions that he shies away from were in favour of City. The Sterling booking at no effect on the game whatsoever. I'm not saying the ref was great or defending him, I just don't think he favoured Real at all. As for the extra time I do agree, seems to be a problem with referees that they don't take stoppages in extra time into effect. Think it was Italy v Belgium at the Euros where the same happened. 

Of course the Sterling card had an effect,the whole of the man city camp went wtf are we up against here

Guest neesy111
18 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah but this is an accumulation now, knocked out by Lyon, then lost a final they were expected to win and then tonight 

Think it will hurt them this time 

I get what your thinking is, but I don't see it personally.

Wow, just watched the City-RM match. I DVR'd it while working today. What a game, I thought a Liverpool-City final would have been fantastic since that is also the league final so to speak.

I think City will knock us into row Z this weekend. Both of those teams were so good.

Edited by McDog

4 hours ago, Disco said:

Adds a lot of spice to the title race mind. Would be neither surprise if City melt or batter everyone 5 nowt.

Genuinely hope they get the title over those scouse cunts. Even if that means beating us. 

Guest HTT II

Get in Real Madrid, and Carlo is some boy, what a manager he is. Hopefully they will batter LFC.

Guest HTT II

Pep is shit when it comes to the CL, how they fucked this up is as monumentally bad. Sadly I think they were the best bet to beat LFC in the final!

Feel a bit gutted for Guardiola. He always comes over as a really good guy and I love the football that they play. I hope that they win the PL even if it means us losing on Sunday

Guardiola to me always comes across as a freak and a weirdo. Find him unsettling tbh. Plus I despise his constant demand for things like B teams - which flies in the face of the football pyramid.