Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I can understand rivals of Liverpool not wanting them to win it, but Liverpool are a proper football club. Neutrals wanting City to win the title over Liverpool is baffling to me. 

You can have those Suarez t shirts for starters. Liverpool are a rancid club. 

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Their mixture of superiority complex and forever victims is vile.

Don't like the "forever victims" thing after what happened at Hillsborough where they will be genuinely forever the victims, but "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing" is them to a tee. 

6 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Klopp with some digs at Spurs there

Saying the play a certain way and get results against some bigger sides but they are 5th, the fume 

Such a wanker.  Expecting teams to open up at will against his juiced-up cheats.

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I can understand rivals of Liverpool not wanting them to win it, but Liverpool are a proper football club. Neutrals wanting City to win the title over Liverpool is baffling to me. 

Liverpool are a proper football club but their ‘fans’ are fucking awful, especially their away support.

Fat, ruddy faced Irish blokes, southerners who probably couldn’t stick a pin on a map within 50 miles of Liverpool and jester hat wearing Scandinavians. 

i don’t know what their away ticket policy is but on the basis of seeing them for the last 50 years I reckon it’s “biggest wankers”. 

For balance: I hate Man United more than I hate Birmingham City, but their away support is impressive, and for even more balance if there’s one club with even worse away support than Liverpool, it’s Everton. 

re the title, I couldn’t give a flying fuck who wins it. It is of as much relevance to me as who wins the Indonesian version of Masterchef. 

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Liverpool are a proper football club but their ‘fans’ are fucking awful, especially their away support.

Fat, ruddy faced Irish blokes, southerners who probably couldn’t stick a pin on a map within 50 miles of Liverpool and jester hat wearing Scandinavians. 

i don’t know what their away ticket policy is but on the basis of seeing them for the last 50 years I reckon it’s “biggest wankers”. 

For balance: I hate Man United more than I hate Birmingham City, but their away support is impressive, and for even more balance if there’s one club with even worse away support than Liverpool, it’s Everton. 

re the title, I couldn’t give a flying fuck who wins it. It is of as much relevance to me as who wins the Indonesian version of Masterchef. 

Might be an era thing but I echo all of that. I mentioned you earlier in this thread as I'm sure it was you who also mentioned both red and blue of Merseysides spiteful habit of being great with other fans till they have them massively outnumbered, was it you ?

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Might be an era thing but I echo all of that. I mentioned you earlier in this thread as I'm sure it was you who also mentioned both red and blue of Merseysides spiteful habit of being great with other fans till they have them massively outnumbered, was it you ?

I don't think so, but I wouldn't disagree!

18 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Saying the play a certain way and get results against some bigger sides but they are 5th, the fume 

I keep saying I couldn't care less who wins the title and then I remember Klopp is an annoying prick. A fantastic manager. But also an annoying prick.

Go Man City. 

Liverpool could finish with 92 points and not win the title. Out of the 13 Man United's PL title winning seasons only once they have managed that tally. 

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Liverpool could finish with 92 points and not win the title. Out of the 13 Man United's PL title winning seasons only once they have managed that tally. 

Was it a couple of years back when they finished with 98 and didn't win it? Ridiculous standards.

33 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Don't like the "forever victims" thing after what happened at Hillsborough where they will be genuinely forever the victims, but "offended by everything, ashamed of nothing" is them to a tee. 

Well yeah Hillsborough obviously doesnt impact my view of that. Maybe your explanation is better. But the "dont get the respect we deserve" schtick is more what Im talking about.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Was it a couple of years back when they finished with 98 and didn't win it? Ridiculous standards.

Yeah it was, think it was 96 points though.

Edited by neesy111

34 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I haven't seen the interview but that's poor craic, that. I know he'll be upset over dropping points but fuck me, pretty much everything goes their way these days. He's got to show some humility.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t but into this whole “they haven’t had a decent manager in years”

They’ve had excellent managers, namely Van Gaal and Mourinho and to a lesser extent Moyes.

There’s also a case to be made that Ole probably overachieved too.

Recruitment has been poor but it’s a deeper problem than that. Half the team are strolling around getting embarrassed week in week out and they don’t care in the slightest.

I think the wage structure they have there is a huge part of the problem”.. once certain players started earning 300 grand a week (or more in some instances), it just created a massive motivation issue. It’s not just Man Utd, you can see it affecting other big clubs as well.

It’s been almost 4 years of Ragnick, Ole and toxic Jose.  

The 2 managers they’ve hired of legitimate repute. Won some trophies. 

Not that wages and other issues aren’t relevant. But managers and upper management issues have been the source of their issues. 

If they hired Conte or Klopp whenever they’ve had the chance they would be doing considerably better. 

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

No idea how folk can want Man fucking City to win a thing tbh.

We’ve been through this before :lol:. Somebody has to win it. In the unlikely event it’s not Spurs I’d rather it was a club with infinite money where them winning anything doesn’t mean very much. For a while there it was Chelsea,  now it’s Man City.

If Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal win anything  it’s annoying. Man City just don’t mean anything to me any more, so let them have it.