Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Not a fan of Liverpool like but clutching a bit there like, it's the end of the season and was organised for after the champions league final. No disrespect obviously intended at all.

I'm sure no offence was intended like, but it was still incredibly crass. Particularly when the club were as involved as they were. Just move it to another day.

To be honest I was more focusing on the 'no other fans would be there after Saturday' angle

I'd be drunk for weeks if we won the FA Cup even if we lost another final that season

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

To be honest I was more focusing on the 'no other fans would be there after Saturday' angle

I'd be drunk for weeks if we won the FA Cup even if we lost another final that season

I'd be in the streets if we lost at a final like. (A win is incomprehensible tbh)

Think we had more people at the ground for our takeover than city have for trophy parades [emoji38]

23 minutes ago, Flip said:

It is. But despite all the making fun of Liverpool because they lost the two major titles, people have to acknowledge that their season has been unbelievable. Will be interesting to see how they do the next 1-2 years. After all, they've managed to replace players in all major positions, but their two most prominent players for the past few years are possibly gone next year or so. How will they replace both of them? Or will they do everything now to keep Salah? 

It has been an incredible season but not sure history will be kind to it, it's a domestic cup double, that's the end result. Already we have people analysing (and rightly so) how they failed to beat any of the top 4 and didn't score a goal in 3 of the finals. 

This Liverpool team are incredible: 92 points, 69 poonts, 99 points, 97 points, 75 points for the last five years are ridiculous returns. The fact that they've only won one league title in that time shows the insane standards that City have set.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm sure no offence was intended like, but it was still incredibly crass. Particularly when the club were as involved as they were. Just move it to another day.

Things move on don't they not celebrating good times over somthing that happened 37 years ago just doesn't sit right with me tbh. If they'd have won the champions league final that would be been the best time to celebrate and have a parade. No disrespect or offence at all really other than for people who look to be offended.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Things move on don't they not celebrating good times over somthing that happened 37 years ago just doesn't sit right with me tbh. If they'd have won the champions league final that would be been the best time to celebrate and have a parade. No disrespect or offence at all really other for for people who look to be offended.

If that's how you feel, fair enough :thup:

I know exactly what their reaction would have been (rightly in my opinion) if the shoe was on the other foot though.

Liverpool obviously have a very good team but I thought it was pretty noticeable how pedestrian their midfield looked against a smart (but getting on a bit) midfield once the top 3 were kept relatively at bay. Thiago had a good spell in the first half where he was dictating rhythm but, outside, of that, I thought they lacked someone with intent to break lines, change tempo, and get in the box. I guess Keita was meant to do that but he falls into a similar bracket as being someone tidy & effective rather than an explosive difference maker.

14 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Liverpool obviously have a very good team but I thought it was pretty noticeable how pedestrian their midfield looked against a smart (but getting on a bit) midfield once the top 3 were kept relatively at bay. Thiago had a good spell in the first half where he was dictating rhythm but, outside, of that, I thought they lacked someone with intent to break lines, change tempo, and get in the box. I guess Keita was meant to do that but he falls into a similar bracket as being someone tidy & effective rather than an explosive difference maker.

Yeah, definitely. They are apparently after Tchouameni from Monaco, and so it looks like something they will be trying to address this summer. 

16 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

That ref looks so out of shape. If he can't keep his body in shape for his professional career (which needs it) how can we trust his mind is still in good shape. He's having a super-mare.

He had a fucking nightmare refereeing our game against Liverpool a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, the fat cunt is retiring now.

Well, he's going to be operating VAR.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, definitely. They are apparently after Tchouameni from Monaco, and so it looks like something they will be trying to address this summer. 

I thougth Thiago was really poor. Didn't break those lines. Modric did that more and he's 36 and spent 45 minutes chasing shadows.

Classic deflection from the French, industrial scale fraud with no evidence, crowd disturbances with no evidence, thousands of ticketless fans with no evidence.

The only evidence I've seen are a few liverpool fans going through a barrier and climbing a wall outside the ground, and French police pepper spraying and tear gassing people standing behind a fence

Don't let them convince you otherwise and turn fans against fans, this was an organisational problem

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, madras said:

French police were fine with us in Metz.

Aye but we are well behaved. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, madras said:

I've little problem with Police being twats to those being twatful.

I’m half in half, people still have rights and the police still have to act accordingly within the laws. 

Guest HTT II

My mate was over their with his wife and kid and he said it was chaos, yes fans without tickets, including French people and Madrid fans, people with fake tickets, but the access to the stadium was shocking, at times dangerous and whenever any LFC fan complained they were met with indifference or brutality. Thankfully they got in (late) and got in and out safe. He said the whole experience was a shit show in terms of organisation. He also said there was no fighting between the two sets of fans or French or police from what he could gather. I dislike LFC and a portion of their fanbase, but footy fans get a raw deal in general. Compare to other ‘entertainment’ events like music, Formula 1 etc…

No bigger indictment of the Liverpool midfield than Toni Kroos completing 90 minutes.  In each KO tie Kroos has come off because he had been over-run and outplayed but here Kroos did what he wanted for 90 minutes.

Henderson did Henderson things. Ultimately not a danger when on the ball.

Thiago - think he was carrying an injury. Was very poor. Didn't play those passes through the lines that he's brought in for.

Keita played nervously when he came on. 

I think ultimately a Klopp midfield is going to lack a bit of guile unless they can spot the monsters. I think Fede Valverde is a monster. He doesn't have that guile but he's able to carry the ball through midfield. But it's rare you get an 8 with tremendous physical prowess to get through the running, the work rate and the guile. Seedorf, KDB but you can't think of many. I guess prime Lampard and Gerrard give you that.

Guest neesy111
3 hours ago, 1964 said:

Classic deflection from the French, industrial scale fraud with no evidence, crowd disturbances with no evidence, thousands of ticketless fans with no evidence.

The only evidence I've seen are a few liverpool fans going through a barrier and climbing a wall outside the ground, and French police pepper spraying and tear gassing people standing behind a fence

Don't let them convince you otherwise and turn fans against fans, this was an organisational problem

What evidence are you wanting?